We are initially piloting the England Golf Online Hub on Facebook, with a focus on volunteers who support the experience of golfers within golf clubs – considering both recruitment and retention. The aim of the Online Hub is to set up a sustainable and self-functioning mechanism for volunteers to share experiences and learning, to have a place to discuss and overcome challenges, support one another and generate ideas. The pilot will last 12 months, and the following key actions will be undertaken:
- Promotion to generate awareness and engagement on the Online Hub.
- Support the growth of the Online Hub for one year.
- Assess the value and appetite for this type of community.
The aim is for the volunteers using the Online Hub to take ownership of engaging with and supporting one another, with the Volunteer Champion helping to co-ordinate and influence where possible. There will also be support from England Golf, in the form of moderators to manage safeguarding or member issues
As a Volunteer Champion, it will be your responsibility to oversee and inspire activity on the group. This will mean engaging in regular activity on the page and sourcing relevant content to facilitate group participation.
Skills and Knowledge:
We are looking for people who have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Supporting new golfers and/or new members in golf clubs
- Developing projects or programs which have got people playing golf
- Helped to create a welcoming and supportive environment in golf, another sport or leisure pursuit
- Being a buddy or mentor at a golf club or another sports club
- Competence using social media and posting relevant content
- Inspiring and provoking conversation online or in a group situation
- Growing a following/community on social media
- Knowledge of safeguarding
- written and spoken communication skills
- Develop conversations and help to create connectivity between group members, such as asking relevant questions, posting interesting content and sharing your own experiences
- Find and share examples of golf/sports clubs that have innovative or successful recruitment and retention projects
- Answer questions and provide advice to help people trying to create a positive experience for golfers
- Keep up to date with and promote the support available from England Golf and our partners
- Identify common challenges and barriers and share with England Golf
- Offer suggestions and solutions to challenges with support from England Golf
- Feedback on the positive and not so positive aspects of the group
- Share any concerns about group activity to England Golf
To apply for this voluntary position please upload a copy of your CV.
The advert will close at Midnight on Thursday 15 October 2020 and Interviews will be held on Tuesday 3 November 2020.