You are the engineer Illumina is looking for. In your future role at the Madison, Wisconsin site of the global leader in genetic sequencing, you will be one of a group of engineers who ensure that the equipment and instruments we use to produce the reagents used in Illumina’s sequencing products used for analysis of genetic variation and function in realms from cancer research to agriculture. Working individually and on diverse teams, you will be responsible for the validation, repair, and maintenance of the wide array of laboratory, pilot plant, and production scale manufacturing equipment. We want your talent, genuine curiosity about instrumentation, commitment to creative problem solving, and drive to get things done.
- Working independently or collaboratively as part of a team,
- develop and implement procedures to reduce or eliminate sources of systematic equipment failures.
- create and execute validation of equipment, methods, and processes.
- install new equipment or assist in the construction of new instruments
- Create, document, and execute maintenance programs to provide continually improving overall equipment effectiveness following cGMP/GLP guidelines.
- Maintain regulatory compliance during your work.
- Generate specifications and other engineering documents used for equipment design and qualification
- Collaborate with Illumina interdisciplinary teams locally, nationally, and internationally to exchange best practices, develop, or align processes, and complete projects.
- 3+ years relevant engineering experience.
- Experience troubleshooting, electromechanical devices, and sensors.
- Experience with plant equipment system including maintenance and management of change.
- Experience creating, reading, and editing flowcharts and engineering drawings including mechanical, electrical, and P&ID drawings.
- Experience with fabrication process and equipment to cut, bend, grind, and adjust material.
- Experience with rapid prototyping and design validation.
- B.S. degree in Engineering or related technical area
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact [email protected] To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Other jobs you may like
Tesla is looking for a highly motivated Equipment Engineer to create manufacturing equipment and processes for our cutting edge Castings and CNC Machining chassis/drive unit manufacturing facility. Tesla is a demanding and fast-paced environment where you will work with a highly motivated team on extremely challenging projects. In addition to developing manufacturing equipment and processes, Manufacturing Engineers work with cross-functional teams throughout the entire product lifecycle. You will work closely with Design Engineering, Quality and Production to take new part designs into full production with new equipment and update existing equipment designs to meet new production needs.
- Design manufacturing equipment and fixtures
- Develop manufacturing processes
- Drive design for manufacturability
- Collaborate with small teams on in-house development of novel and complex automation equipment
- Develop specifications for custom automation equipment
- Closely collaborate with external equipment integrators on custom automation equipment design
- Manage external equipment integrators from equipment development through buyoff
- Validate and characterize new equipment and fixtures for production implementation
- Create detailed Manufacturing Instructions to document new processes
- Design production workstations for ergonomics and efficiency
- BS/MS Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering
- Experience with multiple new equipment installations
- Experience with multiple new product startups
- 3+ years of manufacturing engineering experience
- Experience developing manufacturing equipment for new and unique products
- Experience transitioning equipment or fixtures from prototype to production
- Experience designing mechanical equipment, fixturing and tooling in CAD (SolidWorks preferred, Catia is also a plus)
- Experience developing automated manufacturing equipment
- Strong mechanical fabrication and machine shop skills, operating a mill, lathe, welder a plus.
- Experience programming industrial robots (FANUC, Kuka) strongly preferred
- Controls experience including PLC programming knowledge preferred
- Experience introducing new equipment and new processes into a production environment (APQP is a plus)
- Extensive project management experience
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills