The Role (Fremont, CA)
The Equipment Maintenance technician will work as a member of the Test Facilities & Equipment Engineering Team within the Engineering Test Organization.
This position will support Reliability/Durability, Strength, Environmental, Safety and Performance Test teams.
The primary objective of this role is to establish and maintain safe lab operations through installation, preventive maintenance and repair of test equipment, workshop assets and facility infrastructure. The successful candidate for this position must have a broad background and a proven record of success in equipment maintenance/repair and workshop organization/management.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills are a requirement to establish effective working relationships within Tesla. The successful candidate for this position takes pride in his/her hands-on abilities, organization skills and attention to detail. He/she appreciates a dynamic & fast paced work environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded.
- Perform the installation and commissioning of test equipment, workshop assets and facility infrastructure
- Perform preventative maintenance and repair of test equipment, workshop assets and facility infrastructure
- Establish and maintain a Preventative Maintenance Schedule of all test equipment, workshop assets and facility infrastructure
- Interact with outside contractors and service personnel to manage equipment installation, commissioning or repair projects
- Mentoring of less experienced technicians as appropriate and required.
- 2-year technical (Trade School) Degree or equivalent work experience in Industrial/Manufacturing Equipment Repair Industry
- A minimum of 4 years of equipment repair experience in an Industrial or Manufacturing environment
- Experience with hydraulic systems, specifically maintaining and repair of hydraulic actuators and hydraulic power units
- Previous experience with repair of Test Equipment preferred
- Hands-on technical experience in diagnosing/troubleshooting equipment failures and their repair
- Ability to operate and maintain a wide variety of hand and power tools, shop tools and shop equipment
- Proficiency with basic EE tools (scopes, network analyzers, etc.)
- Fluent with Blue Prints and Schematics (electrical/hydraulic/pneumatic)
- Fluent in Creation of Shop Drawings
- Experience in setup/machining of various metals/materials preferred
- Experience in Fabrication and Welding preferred
- Experience with 5S or similar workplace organization methods
- Ability to follow oral, written, email, and text message instructions
- Ability to communicate clearly using excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
- Ability remain engaged, proactive and positive in tough circumstances, owning assignments and taking full accountability for their success
- Maintain flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments, coping with rapidly changing information
- Ability to effectively lead a team of technicians
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, including the public
- Work in a team-based environment to achieve common goals
- Strong organization skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Experience with MS office tools (Outlook/Excel/Word/PowerPoint/), and Adobe products
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Must have ability to lift 50lbs
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Other jobs you may like
***WE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE OUR VETERAN COMMUNITY TO APPLY**
The Equipment Maintenance Technician is part of the equipment engineer team who provides expertise, service, and support to San Diego Illumina headquarters by maintaining equipment at world-class levels in a fast pace regulated environment and providing high-level reliability exceeding Illumina’s dynamic development and manufacturing demands. The Equipment Maintenance Technician will support the day to day manufacturing equipment maintenance operations by owning high complexity maintenance task and challenges, with minimal supervision. This individual will work in a dynamic team-oriented environment that supports multiple operations and technologies helping Illumina deliver its highly complex product pipeline in a reliable and sustainable manner.
- Able to complete high complexity tasks with minimal supervision and report/track progress through a digital ticketing system.
- Capable of executing procedures without established instructions and capable of referencing written documentation.
- Escalate problems to engineers, suggest solutions, and work with engineers to address advanced issues.
- Independently plan, coordinate, and execute multiple parallel activities like calibrations, preventive maintenance, supplier support, and project activities with minimal guidance to ensure work is completed on-time.
- Make suggestions for continuous improvement and cost savings
- M onitors equipment technical performance and manage technical inventory for area of responsibility with minimal oversight.
- Use optical, mechanical, electrical, and or fluidics knowledge to perform equipment troubleshooting.
- Work in a team environment to improve equipment reliability and uptime.
- While performing the duties of this job, is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, climb stairs/ladders, kneel, crouch, or wear safety gear. Must regularly lift and / or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to coordinate preventive mat. with external vendors.
- Ability to operate independently in a fast pace environment, adapt to changes in priority, and redirect efforts as necessary.
- Ability to write, respond, coordinate work actions, and effectively schedule tool/system and repair status to a large audience via windows outlook.
- Advanced data collection, hands-on skills and able to summarize results
- Automated systems with some robotic experience preferred
- Able to fault isolate complex equipment (electrical, mechanical and fluidic) during equipment repair.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal and written documentation skills
- Experience in high volume manufacturing environment preferred
- Able to demonstrate proficiency use of DM and similar engineering troubleshooting tools and/or test equipment.
- Able to demonstrate use of common mechanical repair tools.
- Experience with electrical and mechanical schematics
- Experience with optical/mechanical/electrical and fluidic systems
- Knowledge of GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) would be a plus
- This position has an open schedule and or rotation scheduled and will include weekend support at times
- Work experience in Life Sciences / Pharmaceutical / Medical Devices industries preferred
- Familiarity with equipment installs and facility requirements
- Travel up to 10%
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; associates degree preferred
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact [email protected] To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf