Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a junior level Enterprise Reporting (ER) Reports Developer with experience in tools such as BusinessObjects, Tableau and Power BI to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in McLean, VA. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Department of State (DOS) Consular Systems Modernization (CSM) Program, for the Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA). This initiative is intended to modernize and consolidate the operational environment under a common technology framework in order to better support the services provided to CA’s customers.
As part of the modernization program, the Reports Developer will be responsible for supporting the full software development lifecycle (SDLC), including requirements definition, universe and reports design, implementation, testing, and maintenance.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with the system engineering team to understand customer business needs and priorities
- Design, develop, document and maintain business rules and enterprise level reports using BusinessObjects or similar tool.
- Perform analysis, research, problem duplication, troubleshooting and identify potential resolutions for system defects and change requests
- Support testing activities, including IV&V, and provide timely software defect resolutions
- Provide production and operational support, as needed, to ensure deployed software meets functional and non-functional requirements
- Identify improvements and technological solutions for data analytics and data management system enhancements
- Follow processes and procedures; identify and implement process improvements and adapt quickly to change in direction from leads
- Effectively and actively communicate with the team lead, management, and the Customer
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Information Systems, or an equivalent degree program
- 2 years of experience in developing and maintaining enterprise reporting systems
- 1+ years of development experience with BusinessObjects or similar COTS tools
- Significant understanding and knowledge on RDBMS concepts, SQL skills and database programming expertise
- Capable of a high level accuracy and attention to detail
- Active Secret or higher clearance (interim is acceptable)
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Experience supporting large enterprise reporting applications
- Experience in SAP BusinessObjects Reports and Tableau
- Experience in SAP HANA and Data Services
- Experience developing and deploying reporting applications in an incremental manner using the SAFe Agile methodology
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.