- 6+ years of event experience organizing, planning, executing and staffing events at a studio or agency in the entertainment industry
- Bachelor’s Degree
Amazon Studios is seeking an experienced Events Manager to be a part of a team that strategizes, executes and manages events and experiences for the rapidly growing slate of Amazon Original Movies.
You will produce events from start to finish, leading and coordinating all details including: concept and ideation, budgeting and oversight, management of logistics, talent and guest experience, timelines, vendor procurement and management and communication with internal and external partners. You will also oversee department operations including communication with executive offices regarding event information, PO and invoice management, vendor setup with Legal and Billing teams and more.
The ideal candidate has worked on events for studios, brands or agencies that are experts in the entertainment industry. They are experienced in communicating with filmmakers, talent representatives, agencies, executives and production partners. They can formulate and manage a budget, and give visibility into their process successfully. They are organized, thorough and are eager to contribute all that is necessary to making an event successful – including tasks that range from hiring an agency to plan an event, to maintaining and updating guest lists, to booking a venue themselves for an event to working a check-in table. They collaborate well with partners and other internal teams and come ready to contribute new and innovative event ideas. They will come with creative ideas, varied and strong vendor relationships and a passion for telling stories through events. A good fit for the role has a candid and direct communication style, exceptionally high standards, a bias for action and extraordinary attention to detail.
This role will be based in Culver City.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills and attention to detail
- Excellent judgment, particularly in narrow timeframes
- Strong relationships within the entertainment event industry, including familiarity with venues and vendors in both NY and LA and past experience working at major film industry events such as the Academy Awards, Golden Globes, domestic and international film festivals
- Experience creating and managing premieres and events including red carpet arrivals, screenings, after parties and managing invite lists
- A demonstrated understanding of the entertainment industry and the strategy behind developing a successful series or film publicity campaign
- Experience collaborating with cross functional teams and bringing new ideas to the table that reach beyond traditional events
- Experience in vendor setup, billing management and troubleshooting and working with various departments to get proper signoff and approvals including Marketing, Creative, Finance, Legal and more
- Understanding of publicity campaigns, objectives and goals, particularly for film and awards
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.