Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Mountain View, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of professional communications experience in a business, media, government or non-profit environment.
- Experience in people management.
- Experience as a speechwriter, comms manager, or spokesperson for a technology company or an executive who is responsible for technology decision-making or thought leadership.
- Master’s degree.
- Experience with executive coaching, executive strategy or thought leadership.
- Experience with change management. Experience working in high pressure situations with constantly changing priorities.
- Ability to think, plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in fast-paced environments, and to work with colleagues globally.
- Ability to capture the authentic voice of leadership in written communications and partner with them to deliver a vision to their team.
- Creative problem-solving and collaboration skills and excellent communication skills, both spoken and written.
About the job
As a member of the Global Communications & Public Affairs team, you will work cross-functionally to help communicate with journalists and other thought leaders; devise specific communications materials and campaigns; engage in face-to-face meetings with commentators and other opinion formers; and develop print and web-based material supporting these campaigns. We’re looking for great communicators who can understand complex issues and explain them in person and also via well written, simple blog posts, FAQs, video scripts and more.
As a senior leader on the Internal and Executive Communications team you will manage the pros who create communications for our tech execs, and you’ll help leaders find innovative ways to engage employees and build a shared culture. In this role you’ll be a strategic thought partner who brings people together across functions, a captivating storyteller, a strong speechwriter, a persuasive executive coach, and an organized and inspiring team leader. You will distill technical and business concepts in writing and in person, while adding warmth, humor, and interest to even the most rote communications. As a member of your client’s senior leadership team, you’ll go beyond the day-to-day execution and offer strategic advice and partnership to grow the Core organization for the future.
We help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders-and our own employees-about the benefits of Google’s products, our distinctive company culture/values and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. You are quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious. To succeed in this role, you are willing to try new things and can manage numerous projects with tight deadlines. Things happen quickly at Google, and to do great work, you need to be an enthusiastic team player who can work cross-functionally with partners across PR, comms, marketing, product and beyond.
- Coach executives and create innovative ways to communicate information and motivate employees.
- Be a strategic thought partner who brings people together across functions to shape the future of Core.
- Manage and help coordinate a cross-functional approach to a broad range of internal communications issues related to the product area, including community management and tooling, organizational changes, culture, and the impact of emerging developments on our technology and platforms.
- Work with and advise senior leadership on the right forum, timing, and content to ensure employees are in the know and empowered to meet our goals.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.