Individuals applying for this position will not be eligible for immigration sponsorship.
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Mountain View, CA, USA; Atlanta, GA, USA; New York, NY, USA
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of professional communications experience in a business, media, government or non-profit environment.
- Experience in people management.
- Experience in a speechwriter, communications manager, or spokesperson role for a technology company or experience in an executive role involving technology decision-making/thought leadership.
- Master’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with executive coaching, executive strategy or thought leadership.
- Experience with change management. Experience working in high pressure situations with constantly changing priorities.
- Ability to capture the authentic voice of leadership in written communications and partner with them to deliver a vision to their team.
- Ability to think, plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in fast-paced environments, and to work with colleagues globally.
- Creative problem-solving and collaboration skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to navigate ambiguity and fast-changing environments effectively.
About the job
As a member of the Global Communications and Public Affairs team, you will work cross-functionally to help communicate with journalists and other thought leaders; devise specific communications materials and campaigns; engage in face-to-face meetings with commentators and other opinion formers; and develop print and web-based material supporting these campaigns. We’re looking for great communicators who can understand complex issues and explain them in person and also via well written, simple blog posts, FAQs, video scripts and more.
As a Executive and Internal Communications Manager on the Internal and Executive Communications team, you will manage the communications pros who create communications for our most senior tech executives within our Developer organization, and you’ll help leaders find innovative ways to engage employees and build a shared culture. In this role, you’ll need to be a strategic thought partner who brings people together across functions, a captivating storyteller, an effective speechwriter, a persuasive executive coach, and an organized and inspiring team leader. As a member of the client’s senior leadership team, you’ll go beyond the day-to-day execution and offer strategic advice and partnership to grow the Developer organization for the future.
We help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders-and our own employees-about the benefits of Google’s products, our distinctive company culture/values and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. You are quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious. To succeed in this role, you are willing to try new things and can manage numerous projects with tight deadlines. Things happen quickly at Google, and to do great work, you need to be an enthusiastic team player who can work cross-functionally with partners across PR, comms, marketing, product and beyond.
- Coach senior executives across Developer and create innovative ways to communicate that information and motivate employees.
- Be a strategic thought partner who brings people together across functions to shape the future of Developer.
- Manage and help coordinate a cross-functional approach to a broad range of internal communications issues related to the product area, including community management and tooling, organizational changes, culture, and the impact of emerging developments on our technology and platforms.
- Work with and advise senior leadership on the right forum, timing, and content to ensure employees are in the know, inspired and empowered to meet our goals.
- Manage and lead a team of communications professionals.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.