ALL ABOUT TARGET
As part of our collaborative and guest-obsessed team, you help us create an experience that makes guests say, “I love Target!” When you work at Target, you’re helping every family discover the joy in everyday life. You’re working alongside a dedicated team that brings their passion and pride to all that they do. You will deliver a destination shopping experience by providing a safe and secure environment for our guests and mitigate shortage risks in order to drive sales.
ALL ABOUT ASSETS PROTECTION
AP teams’ function to provide a safe and secure environment for our team members and guests and meet financial goals of shortage and profitability in a Target store. AP teams will do this by leading a physical security and safety culture and responding to crisis events, investigating and resolving theft, creating awareness and educating team members on operational shortage priorities.
At Target we believe in our team members having meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career. The role of an Assets Protection Executive Team Leader can provide you with the:
- Experience managing a safe and secure culture, including crisis response, a strong safety environment and crowd management planning, providing support to both guests and team members
- Experience in creating strategic AP strategies and goals and delivering results through your team
- Experience identifying strategic resolutions of external theft and fraud, and apprehending individuals attempting to cause a loss, in accordance with Target policy
- Experience managing the identification and resolution of internal investigations
- Skills in recruiting, selecting, and talent management of hourly team members and leaders
- As an Executive Team Leader, no two days are ever the same, but a typical day will most likely include the following responsibilities:
- Drive total store sales and increase profitability by ensuring product is in stock and available to our guests.
- Manage, influence and validate a safe and secure culture by driving physical security and safety processes; lead store response and emergency crisis situations and create plans for in-store events
- Educate store leaders and teams on emergency preparedness and physical security procedures
- Identify shortage risks in key divisions and work with other leaders to develop tactics that will reduce shortage and drive profitable sales
- Act as a key resource for company initiatives for AP team leaders in your district/market
- Lead investigative and verbal de-escalation classroom trainings. Facilitate other trainings as needed for your AP team, store or district
- Maintain all required training
- Manage the identification and resolution of internal investigations. Complete internal interviews for your store and nearby stores at the discretion of your leader
- Anticipate and identify theft and shortage trends in your store, and develop proactive strategies to prevent shortage and theft
- Determine operational shortage priorities; educate and influence store teams on these priorities
- Manage the prevention, identification and resolution of external theft incidents and investigations
- Work a schedule that aligns to guest and business needs based on safe and secure and theft patterns (this includes early morning/overnight shifts, evening and weekends)
- Build partnerships to identify market trends and competition strategies; leverage guest insights and feedback to drive the business and be the destination of choice for our guests
- Build a close partnership with Store Director
- Develop, schedule and deploy resources based on safe and secure and theft trends
- Plan, lead and follow-up on organizational and operational change
- Establish a culture of accountability through clear expectations and performance management
- Anticipate staffing needs, talent plan and recruit – both long and short term
- Support the onboarding and development of AP Team Leaders in your district/market
- Develop and coach your team to elevate the skills and expertise of the team
- Communicate, influence and educate AP priorities (including shortage priorities) to your team, peers and store teams
- Manage and model the safety culture in store by recognizing safe behaviors and identifying and resolving safety hazards and unsafe behaviors. Investigate injuries that occur to determine root cause and resolved through appropriate action plans and partnerships
- Act as first responder for in-store incidents (e.g., security, weather, etc.)
- Provide service and a shopping experience that meets the needs of the guest
- Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety and compliance. Lead and hold the team accountable to work in the same way
- As a key carrier, follow all safe and secure training and processes
- All other duties based on business needs
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We might be a great match if:
- Working in a fun and energetic environment makes you excited…. We work efficiently and as a team to deliver for our guests
- Providing service to our guests that makes them say I LOVE TARGET! excites you…. That’s why we love working at Target
- Leading teams who are stocking, setting and selling Target product sounds like your thing… That’s the core of what we do
- You aren’t looking for Monday thru Friday job where you are at a computer all day… We are busy all day (especially on the weekends), making it easy for the guest to feel welcomed, inspired and rewarded
The good news is that we have some amazing training that will help teach you everything you need to know to be an Executive Team Leader of Assets Protection. But there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- Meet any state or local licensure and/or other legal requirements related to the position
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong business acumen
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Manage conflict, lead and hold others accountable
- Relate well with and interact with all levels of the organization
- Strong cognitive skills, including problem analysis, decision making, financial and quantitative analysis
- Learn and adapt to current technology needs
- Manage workload and prioritize tasks independently
We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we expect:
- Access all areas of the building to respond to guest or team member issues
- Interpret instructions, reports and information
- Apprehend subjects in accordance with company policy
- Scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely, including frequently lifting or moving merchandise up to 40 pounds
- Climb up and down ladders
- Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular attendance necessary
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.