ALL ABOUT TARGET
As part of our collaborative and guest-obsessed team, you help us create an experience that makes guests say “I love Target!” When you work at Target, you’re helping every family discover the joy in everyday life. You’re working alongside a dedicated team that brings their passion and pride to all that they do.
ALL ABOUT SERVICE & ENGAGEMENT
Advocates of guest experience who welcome, thank and exceed guest service expectations by focusing on guest interaction and recovery. Advocates of both physical and digital services and solutions who are knowledgeable about capabilities and features that drive adoption, usage and ultimately guest loyalty. Empowered to make shopping effortless and seamless for guests at the checklanes, guest services, gift registry, pick-up and drive up. At Target, we believe in our leaders having meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career.
The role of a Service & Engagement Executive Team Leader can provide you with the:
- Knowledge of guest service fundamentals and experience building and managing a guest first team culture across the store
- Skills in guest engagement; problem solving and resolution
- Knowledge of retail business fundamentals: department sales trends, inventory management, guest shopping patterns, pricing and promotions strategies
- Experience setting and planning department monthly/quarterly workload to support business priorities and managing a team to deliver service and sales goals
- Experience managing a team of hourly team members, leaders and creating Service and Engagement business strategies and goals
- Skills in recruiting, selecting and talent management of hourly team members and leaders
As a Service & Engagement Executive Team Leader, no two days are ever the same, but a typical day will most likely include the following responsibilities:
- Build a team of passionate and knowledgeable Guest Advocates and Service and Engagement Leaders who strive to exceed guest service expectations by focusing on decreasing wait time, friendly guest interaction, and service recovery.
- Drive total store sales, understand your role in sales growth, and how your departments and team contribute to and impacts total store profitability.
- Anticipate staffing needs, talent plan and recruit – both long and short term.
- Manage leaders to follow up on training completion, check for understanding, and provide continuous education opportunities to drive proficiencies for all front of store experiences.
- Engage in consistent and meaningful development conversations throughout the critical touch points within Service and Engagement Team leader career path.
- Personalize recognition and appreciation to reinforce critical guest service behaviors and promote a positive team and guest centric culture.
- Establish a culture of accountability through clear expectations and performance management (observe, recognize and coach) on critical Service and Engagement behaviors.
- Understand business reporting and guest insights to understand, troubleshoot and follow up on opportunity areas.
- Quickly respond to any negative guest shopping experience by de-escalating the situation and ensuring your team understands and feels supported to make things right for the guest.
- Create schedules that follow the scheduling allocation and guidelines to support peak traffic times, key holiday events, and weekends.
- Manage the store experience by anticipating and/or reacting with urgency to staffing or scheduling needs based on fluctuations in guest traffic and sales.
- Ensure team leader schedules support a frictionless experience during guest peak traffic times for all shopping preferences (checklanes, SCO, OPU/Drive-up).
- Be the champion of physical and digital offerings to ensure your team can inform, educate, and promote the suite of benefits, features, and offerings that reward our guest and/or enhance their shopping experience (Including REDcard and Wallet).
- Expect and enable your team to stay up-to-date on upcoming major promotions, brand launches, and events.
- Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and compliance. Lead team to work in the same way and hold others accountable to this commitment.
- As a key carrier, follow all safe and secure training and processes.
- Address store needs (emergency, regulatory visits, etc.)
- All other duties based on business needs.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We might be a great match if:
- Working in a fun and energetic environment makes you excited…. We work efficiently and as a team to deliver for our guests
- Providing service to our guests that makes them say I LOVE TARGET! excites you…. That’s why we love working at Target
- You enjoy interacting with people all day and making things easy for others…. Interacting with guests, solving concerns and making the guests day better is core of what we do.
- You aren’t looking for Monday thru Friday job where you are at a computer all day… We are busy all day (especially on the weekends), making it easy for the guest to feel welcomed, inspired and rewarded The good news is that we have some amazing training that will help teach you everything you need to know to be a Service & Engagement Executive Team Leader.
But there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
· 4 year degree or equivalent experience · Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong business acumen
- Manage conflict, lead and hold others accountable
- Relate well with and interact with all levels of the organization
- Strong cognitive skills, including problem analysis, decision making, financial and quantitative analysis
- Learn and adapt to current technology needs
- Manage workload and prioritize tasks independently and with a team
We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we expect:
- Access all areas of the building to respond to guest or team member issues
- Interpret instructions, reports and information
- Scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely, including frequently lifting or moving merchandise up to 15 pounds and occasionally lifting or moving merchandise up to 40 pounds
- Accurately handle cash register operations and cash transactions
- Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular attendance necessary
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.