At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking an Experienced Field Service Representative to support V-22 customer operations in the San Diego area; NAS North Island or MCAS Miramar.
This position is located in the San Diego area. There are two potential assignments associated with this position. Management will base the assignment on the skills and experience of the selected candidate to best serve the needs of the customer.
The first possibility is at Naval Air Station (NAS) North Island with responsibilities to support Fleet Readiness Center (FRC) SW. This role requires an astute knowledge of all elements of sustainment support within the NAVAIR enterprise. A selected candidate will be responsible for both the technical reach back support of repair and maintenance activities as well as the logistical support of Periodic Maintenance Interval (PMI), In Service Repairs (ISR), establishing repair capabilities, and repair process improvements, as well as standard V-22 Maintenance procedures. This includes both technical and supply chain elements. Working with Bell-Boeing, DLA, NAVSUP, and NAVAIR sustainment stakeholders, the selected candidate would be the focal for all V-22 repair activity at NASNI.
The second potential assignment would be collocated with USG representatives supporting V-22 flight operations and maintenance activities associated with Marine Corps Air Station (MCAS) Miramar. A successful candidate must be capable of utilizing technical expertise and company knowledge to assist the customers in achieving and sustaining a high level of proficiency in the operation and maintenance of the V-22 aircraft. Applies extensive technical expertise in maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing and servicing V-22 aircraft.
In either situation a successful candidate must possess political and communication skills to be able to function without support from other field service representatives.
- Develops and provides solutions to a wide variety of highly complex V-22 technical problems without assistance.
- Is knowledgeable in and promotes sound V-22 maintenance practices; structural, dynamic components, hydraulic, electrical and avionics systems
- Proposes changes and improvements to existing procedures through approved review processes.
- Interfaces directly with senior customer personnel as the primary technical contact on significant issues requiring multiple solutions and coordination across company and customer organizations.
- Familiarity with customer aviation maintenance programs and skilled use of V-22 IETEMS
- Provides technical field support of company products. Performs troubleshooting procedures for multiple systems coverage.
- Resolves maintenance and operational issues.
- Interprets technical documents and monitors product performance.
- Analyzes technical data and evaluates maintenance procedures.
- Develops and conducts ad hoc training.
- Alternate work schedules and or overtime may be required to support customer requirements.
- The ability to travel to both domestic and international locations is required.
- Must be able to deploy to austere and possibly hostile OCONUS environments for extended periods to meet customer requirements.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. (U.S. Secret clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required skills/experience)
- A Minimum of 5 years of Military aircraft maintenance experience
- Minimum 3 years prior V-22 Maintenance experience, prior experience with V-22 IETMS or other electronic maintenance publications.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Suite products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel, both domestically and international
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Experience with Naval Aviation Maintenance Program (NAMP 4790.2 SERIES) management
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings & blueprints
- At the sole discretion of leadership, must be willing and able (on potentially short-notice) to deploy/travel to a variety of locations (domestic and international) and for a variety of deployment durations to meet customer needs and the statement of work. Unless compelling reasons exist, failure to deploy/travel will be considered as a resignation
Preferred Qualifications (Desired skills/experience)
- Technical Degree
- A&P/FCC credentials
- Prior experience in Maintenance Control or QA billets
- Previous assignments as a Maintenance/Material control officer or Chief billet
- V-22 Avionics experience
Typical Education & Experience:
Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.