At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The External Collaboration Manager will be responsible to facilitate tactical execution of processes which the Business Operations External Collaboration team develops & deploys with key suppliers & service-providers to ensure efficient external support for our Large Molecule and Cell / Gene Therapy development portfolio.
This individual will partner with scientists as well as cross-function & external business partners to support implementation & improvement of key processes, including but not limited to critical materials supply readiness supporting our Large Molecule platform, analytical testing operations management with key external labs supporting CAR-T platform, and purchasing & contracting process support to drive timely externally-sourced supply & services for dynamic development program needs.
- Facilitate day-to-day execution of cross-function demand & readiness planning processes w/ platform-critical service & supply providers
- Implement recurring cycle & calendar of internal activities to collect & analyze development & clinical manufacturing forecasts, the relevant service & supply support requirements, and derive updated service & supply demand forecasts
- Facilitate monthly demand forecast “alignment and readiness” reviews with internal & external process partners, to proactively identify issues, risks and needed mitigations
- Facilitate internal & external planning & execution of key risk mitigations
Support Business Operations development & implementation of:
- Process accountabilities to guide internal process partners & external suppliers / service providers in tracking performance and driving improvements
- Supplier “alignment & readiness” communications plans, including minutes, master schedule planning & progress tracking files, issue logs, partner communications, & on-line document repositories
- Provide development teams with business process support
- Coordinate timely Legal & Procurement progress supporting high-priority contracts
- Ensure BioTD fulfillment of evolving J&J IT Security and Risk Management contracting requirements (e.g. BPRA) to ensure efficient completion of high priority contracts
- Upon contract execution, partner with scientists and/or cross-function program teams to support progress tracking against contracted commitments.
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences &/or business administration with 9 years of experience in Pharma/Biotech, or Master’s degree in life sciences &/or business administration with 7 years of overall experience including 3-5 years’ experience in Pharma/Biotech
- Experience and strong organizational skills managing complex cross-function collaborations with external service providers & suppliers
- Solid understanding of GMP, project management & business operations planning principles & requirements
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Strong analytical skills, with proficiency in assembling & programming sophisticated Excel files to enable meaningful BioTD operational and business process insights & decisions
- Proficiency managing SharePoint, Teams, or other collaborative software applications.
- Entrepreneurial approach to deploy & institutionalize new BioTD processes
- Proficiency with business planning & purchasing processes & systems (e.g. SAP, Ariba, MRP, MPS, etc.) to setup simple IT data reporting solutions
- This role is based in Malvern, PA and may require up to 15% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)