Job Title: Facilities Support B (Custodian/Janitorial)
Job Code: AS20201706-46686
Job Location: Binghamton, NY
Responsible for performing janitorial duties for secured buildings (offices, labs, manufacturing areas, and common areas) and related areas.
(This position requires the flexibility to work 1st or 2nd Shift, as required by management.)
- Vacuuming, sweeping and mopping of various flooring types/materials and stairs
- Clean and sanitize restrooms daily
- Clean sinks, countertops, microwaves and refrigerators in break rooms daily
- Restock janitorial supplies (hand towels, hand soap, hand sanitizer, toilet paper, etc) in restrooms, break rooms and common areas
- Empty all trash cans and replace liners, clean receptacles as necessary
- Maintain janitor closets in a clean, organized and safe manner
- Maintain janitorial equipment in a clean, safe and operable condition
- Proper labeling, dilution and use of chemicals
- Wear proper Personal Protective Equipment at all times or when required
- Order and restock janitorial supplies in appropriate storage areas
- Other routine maintenance items as assigned/requested
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED equivalent and a minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience
Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Current/Active DoD Secret Security Clearance is preferred.
- Willingness to work occasional overtime
- Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques (or willingness to learn)
- Basic knowledge of cleaning products (or willingness to learn)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Basic computer skills (ability to use Microsoft Office, especially Outlook)
- Basic use of hand tools, experience with assembly of light office furniture.
Must be flexible and willing to work 2nd Shift on a normal basis
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.