Open Date: October 9, 2020
Program Webpage: http://internships.fnal.gov/fermilab-computational-science-internship/
Fermilab is America’s premier laboratory for particle physics and accelerator research, funded by the U.S. Department of Energy. We support discovery science experiments in Illinois and South Dakota and at locations around the world, including Canada, mountaintops in Arizona and Chile, and the South Pole.
We are strategic risk-takers, innovators, and collaborators. We are engineers, scientists, technicians, administrative professionals. We are 1,800 employees advancing knowledge for the benefit of humankind. Fermilab has been at the forefront of particle physics for more than 40 years. We build world-leading accelerators and detectors to conduct some of the most advanced particle physics experiments possible. We collect and analyze the data from those experiments with some of the most powerful computers in the world. We conduct this research on a 6,800-acre prairie, 35 miles outside Chicago, a treasure that has been designated a National Environmental Research Park.
- Enrollment in a U.S. college or university in Computer Science or related graduate program
- 3.0 grade point average or above on a 4.0 scale
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Online application
- Proficiency questionnaire
- Unofficial transcript
- Oral presentation
- Poster presentation
- Salary: $825 – $875 weekly depending on the academic year
- Housing: Housing arranged and partially subsidized by the program.
- Transportation: Paid airfare and/or ground transportation to and from Fermilab / Shared transportation between local housing and the Laboratory.