What you will do
Under limited supervision, Provides technical support to JCI service providers, regional field support managers and authorized distributers with solutions to diverse technical problems and applications relating to building automation and control systems, networking, databases, PC configuration and any other technology related requirement. Assist the FSC Support Team Manager with team mentoring and special assignments. Support is provided primarily via phone analysis and remote interrogation. Some onsite analysis may be required.
How you will do it
- Analyzes and troubleshoots application, communications, network, and control system problems and effectively communicates solutions to JCI employed service providers and authorized distributors.
- Maintains Lab configuration with all products necessary to replicate on site situations. Labs to include, but not limited to, virtualized PC configurations for all supported platforms, private networks, wireless networks, all current and legacy JCI controller products, necessary system mock-ups, and all required power systems and wiring.
- With FSC leadership support, develops and/or directs others in maintaining and updating Comprehensive Lab Learning Objectives.
- Documents all solutions into a comprehensive Call Tracking Database and, when appropriate, into a centralized knowledge database.
- Assist in pre-production documentation review on all automation and controls products.
- Assist in pre-production testing of all automation and controls products.
- Provides support to Branch offices participating in beta product deployment for all automation and controls products. May require extended call support or travel to project site.
- When callers are not appropriately trained or experienced, provide training support to the extent required to satisfy the customer’s need. Document as required.
- When required, attend meetings and conference calls with customers, regional field support managers, JCI service providers, and any required technology experts in order to resolve complex system level issues. May require travel to project site.
- Maintain and continuously improve skills on all technologies required to support JCI automation and controls products including JCI current and legacy hardware, IT support techniques and tools as well as JCI developed technology, hardware and diagnostic tools.
- Maintain and continuously improve skills on all JCI automation and controls products as they evolve.
- As required by FSC Technical Support Team Manager, work directly with product teams and/or with L2 and product teams on new product development or existing product maintenance.
- Provide leadership and mentoring as-needed and required to the Technical Support Team as directed by the FSC Technical Support Team Manager.
What we look for
- Strong understanding of networking principals, products, and technologies.
- Extensive PC software and hardware skills.
- Strong understanding of HVAC control systems design and maintenance.
- Strong understanding of Building Automation Systems design and maintenance.
- Understanding of ASHRE standard protocols used in HVAC and automation products.
- Strong understanding of AC and DC circuits.
- Strong communication skills as they apply to conveying very technical information to callers at all levels of technical competency.
- Minimum of 10 years with JCI in a technical or engineering position.
- Minimum of 5 years as a Support Engineer or Support Specialist with FSC Technical Support.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical or mechanical engineering or equivalent work experience.