If you have a passion for field service and thrive being a road warrior (75% travel), this job could be for you.
A Day in the Life
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with 0 years of experience
Nice to Have
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline and 2+ years’ experience in field service, quality assurance, complaint testing, design or compliance testing of medical, aerospace or other technical devices. A Master’s degree in an Engineering discipline can be considered in lieu of this experience.
- 2 years of field service, quality assurance, complaint testing, design or compliance testing of medical, aerospace or other technical devices plus a Bachelor of Science Degree in a non-engineering discipline
- Ability to apply engineering principles such as electrical, mechanical, thermodynamic and biomedical to troubleshooting without complete technical documentation.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and technically diagnose medical equipment. Excellent English writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience in teaching technical subject matter
- Excellent time management skills and detail oriented
- Flexibility to travel frequently including possible international locations.
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated and without direct supervision.
- Extensive direct, face to face customer contact and interaction
- Ability to work closely with customers, listen to their issues and then develop a plan to increase confidence and satisfaction with CA Solutions products and services.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)