The Financial Analyst Intern will work closely with our Accounting and Finance departments. They will handle financial analysis, providing analytical support and help with modeling of financial data.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Provides financial analysis by gathering financial data from various operational and accounting sources and transforms the data into useful information, mainly in Excel
Provides analytical support across the organization as needed and summarizes information in a clear and articulate manner
Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses
Provides timely and accurate reporting & analysis of the results of the division’s performance against historical and budgeted results to facilitate decision-making toward the achievement of the plan.
Maintains and develops various financial models and standard templates for various uses; maintains databases by entering, verifying, and backing up data.
Increases productivity by developing automated applications and processes
Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Current Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
Attention to detail
Strong organizational and analytical skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Excellent customer service skills
Experience in an Accounting or Reporting system a plus
Other jobs you may like
Direct Supply is building the future of senior living technology, helping connect the spectrum of healthcare in order to improve the lives of millions of seniors!
In the position Finance & Accounting Intern position, you’ll be responsible for assisting with reporting financial information, reconciling general ledger accounts, performing internal audits, preparing financial analyses and completing other miscellaneous accounting, tax and operational duties.
This intern position is year-round, accommodating a part-time schedule during the school year and full-time during breaks and summer.
What You’ll Do and Impact:
- Use accounting software to prepare monthly financial reports for departmental leaders and analyze account variances.
- Prepare month-end general ledger account reconciliations and related journal/accrual entries.
- Complete quarterly and ad hoc internal audit procedures to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Assist with various accounting procedures for multiple foreign entities: month-end journal entries, bank and balance sheet reconciliations, monthly reporting and other miscellaneous tasks.
- Assist with financial planning and analysis reporting.
- Maintain customer sales tax exemption information and assist with setup of sales tax programs and software to ensure accurate invoicing for new products and services.
- Gather information requested by auditors during state sales tax audits.
- Provide support to Accounts Payable with reimbursable partner expenses.
What You’ll Need:
- Currently working toward a bachelor’s degree in Accounting with at least two full years left before attaining 150 credits.
- Completion of an introductory accounting course
- Basic understanding of accounting and financial analysis
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to shift priorities to accommodate ongoing demands
- Ability to work a minimum of 16 hours per week during regular business hours throughout the school year; available for additional hours during summer and vacation periods
Additional Items of Interest:
- Minimum of 3.2 cumulative GPA preferred
Direct Supply, Inc. and its U.S. subsidiaries are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers committed to diverse workforces.
© 2013 to 2020 Direct Supply, Inc. All rights reserved.