Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around January/February 2021 and continue through the entire Spring semester (i.e. May/June 2021) or into early Summer 2021 if available. Please consider availability before submitting an application.
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Internship Program at Tesla
The University Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
- Buffalo, NY
About the Team
The Finance Automation team focuses on constantly improving the way information is captured/extracted, processed and transferred within the finance organization. A good fit in this intern role is someone who is able to think outside the box and wants to help design, create, and implement leading edge automation tools to help provide automated solutions across multiple business functions.
The intern will need to be a creative person that takes initiative, learns new software quickly, and thinks outside the box. This person should have a demonstrated interest or some experience developing programs/scripts with databases, system integrations, process workflow, and data capture/extraction.
- Assist on development of new automation solutions (bots) that automate processes that are up-stream, down-stream, and/or within Finance
- Collaborate, enhance & support existing process bots, chat bots, and data capture automations
- Training neural network models for image classification & field extraction within ABBYY FlexiCapture
- Create metrics & dashboards for measuring success of existing automations
- Manage and measure success against established metrics
- Assist in project delivery across the lifecycle including providing guidance to teams and resolving issues
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Data Science, Data Engineering, Finance, Accounting, or other applicable degree
- Interest or experience ((professional or academic) in the following areas – website automation, document automation, process transformation, data and analytics, finance transformation
- Interest or experience (professional or academic) developing automations in C# that automate processes, extract, transform, and/or load information.
- Interest or experience (professional or academic) working with Microsoft Power Platform (Power Automate, Power Apps, PowerBI, and Power Virtual Agents) is a plus but is not required.
- Interest or experience (professional or academic) working with the intelligent data capture software ABBYY FlexiCapture is also a plus but is not required.
- Interest or experience (professional or academic) in the broader suite of automation technologies such as machine learning, intelligent automation, and/or data analytics is a plus.
- Be a team player – should be willing to collaborate and work towards a common vision
- Be able to balance aggressive timelines for multiple projects at once
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Ability to deal with fast pace environment along with flexibility to deal with change