- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of relevant work experience in a Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), Accounting, or Sales Finance role or equivalent experience in financial planning, data modeling, corporate strategy or consulting.
- Team management experience.
- Experience working with senior leadership, and excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Knowledge of analytical tools such as SQL, Hyperion Essbase, Python, R, etc.
- Understanding of accounting and finance operations.
- Excellent analytical, financial modeling, process improvement, and project management experience.
- Effective networking and influencing skills.
About the job
Financial Analysts ensure that Google makes sound financial decisions. As a Financial Analyst, your work, whether it’s modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, is used by our leaders to make strategic company decisions. Working on multiple projects at a time, you are focused on the details while finding creative ways to take on big picture challenges.
As someone who knows the workings of the core Finance team inside and out, you’ll lead individual projects to transform planning, tracking and control processes. You’ll provide senior level management with insightful recommendations, planning and reporting support.
Marketing Finance is dedicated to driving economic value through thought leadership, partnership and collaboration. In this role, you will provide full finance support to Marketing business partners and leadership of analytical projects. You will work in close partnership with colleagues across Marketing, Sales and Corporate Finance and consult on planning, reporting and decision support for the wide range of activities. In this role, you will oversee for many essential costs and budgets for Google’s Platforms and Ecosystems organization (Play, Chrome, Chrome OS, Android). You’ll use Google’s big data to architect metrics, solve problems, and influence executive decision-making. You’ll have the opportunity to develop new tools to drive scalable analysis, and influence decision-making on investment strategies for products, identify key market drivers for business generation and business profitability, and assist in resource allocation. You will deep dive into marketing spend and drive efforts to improve cost efficiency.
The name Google came from “googol,” a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Act as Business Partner to the Platforms & Ecosystems Marketing team. Lead cross-functional efforts to set, execute, and evaluate Google’s Marketing and Business Development investment strategy for products and initiatives.
- Own monthly, quarterly and annual financial planning cycles and drive visibility into Google’s marketing spend and resource planning decisions.
- Dive deep into market, product and performance data to understand user behaviors and the market landscape, and identify opportunities to grow the business, accelerate business growth and drive product adoption/usage.
- Establish measurement to monitor and review the effectiveness of Google’s investments and advise on future spending.
- Develop new tools, dashboards and processes in order to drive scalable analysis and insight.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.