- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 8 years of relevant work experience (e.g., Risk Management, Compliance, Financial Planning and Analysis, Audit and Accounting, Management Consulting)
- Experience in Risk Management, Compliance, Audit and Accounting, Financial Planning and Analysis, Management Consulting, and/or similar field
- Experience in business partnering with Marketing in a high tech setting
- Knowledge of analytical tools such as SQL
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and apply initiative and creativity on challenging projects
- Effective networking, influencing and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across various functions
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
About the job
Financial Analysts ensure that Google makes sound financial decisions. As a Financial Analyst, your work, whether it’s modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, is used by our leaders to make strategic company decisions. Working on multiple projects at a time, you are focused on the details while finding creative ways to take on big picture challenges.
As someone who knows the workings of the core Finance team inside and out, you’ll lead individual projects to transform planning, tracking and control processes. You’ll provide senior level management with insightful recommendations, planning and reporting support.
Marketing Finance is a global team dedicated to maximizing return on investment and sustainable value creation through thought leadership and business partnering. As a Financial Manager, you will work on multiple projects at a time and be focused on the details while finding creative ways to accomplish big picture challenges and bring recommendations to the table.
Marketing Finance, Risk Management, and Compliance partner with Marketing to protect the integrity of Google’s assets, financial reporting, and company brand. Our team provides strategic second line assurance and helps to ensure internal controls are operating effectively, and there is a strong compliance environment.
In this position, you will be exposed to commercialization strategies, brand risk management approaches, and procurement practices and processes across Google products marketed globally. On this dynamic team, you will harness your business acumen and problem solving ability to craft and implement internal controls, improve processes, and develop policies and practices to effectively mitigate risk.
The name Google came from “googol,” a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Be a leader for risk management and compliance with multiple high growth Marketing product area teams with a focus on end to end spend governance and driving value for spend
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Marketing Finance, Marketing Strategy and Operations, Internal Audit, Controllership, Procurement, and Legal
- Develop and maintain global marketing policy, guidance, and points of view to address risk areas and strengthening internal controls
- Establish internal controls to identify policy violations and side agreements, adhering to Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to develop and deliver global training program for marketing. Conduct regular trainings with experts across Finance, Legal, and Marketing
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.