- Influence a wide variety of stakeholders across functions (engineering, finance, and marketing) and levels of seniority to drive the business forward, every day, with driver-based storytelling which adapts to your audience.
- Manage the financial health of the business with reliable close reporting, insightful analysis, and accurate forecasting for the current year.
- Articulate and frame the future shape of the business through cross- team efforts to drive target setting and budgeting for the next fiscal year.
- Develop data-driven models to inform product roadmap and investment decisions to maximize return on investment (ROI) for Microsoft’s Office Consumer business.
- Bring curiosity every day to identify ways we can improve monetization in ways big (new releases) and small (A/B testing and experimentation) and hold the business accountable for results.
- Partner with the engineering and cost of goods sold (COGS) Finance teams to find opportunities to reduce costs and increase gross margin while continuing to offer best-in-class services to consumers.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in financial analysis, forecasting, controllership, or another analytical-type role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance. Also open to candidates with undergraduate degrees in other disciplines if accompanied by experience or Master’s in Business, Accounting or Finance.
- Proven track record of a desire to learn and grow, and deep belief that we can achieve much more by bringing people together inclusively.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple priorities in a fast-changing and matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be tenacious and approach problem solving from multiple angles.
- Successful record of driving a business to achieve or beat financial targets.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to communicate financial concepts in a simple way.
- Proven communication and influencing skills.
- Proficiency with Office (especially Excel), Microsoft or similar internal corporate reporting systems, Power BI (preferred).
Other jobs you may like
- The Finance Manager will drive the preparation of capital/operating forecasts/budgets, trend analysis, and reporting focused on the supported Departments/Business Unit(s). The Finance Manager will provide guidance to leadership on the financial trends and operational drivers behind the results and present reports on findings, including offering guidance on course corrections as needed.
- Support budgeting, forecasting, month-end processes (e.g. accruals, account analysis)
- Use statistical and financial modeling techniques to analyze results and identify variances and underlying causes, opportunities, and risks. Provide actionable insights around trends, financial performance
- Utilize analytical and modeling capability to perform scenario and sensitivity analysis to enhance decision making across a range of options and present findings
- Measure key performance indicators and benchmarking results across accounts, markets, business units, and channels
- Creation of new Microsoft Power BI Reports and Dashboards along with the editing of existing ones
- 5+ years of experience in Finance, Accounting, Forecasting, or Budgeting
- Understanding of Finance and Accounting principles. Knowledge of financial statements (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow).
- Experience building complex models
- Highly proficient in MS Excel , Power BI, PowerPoint. Advanced MS Excel modeling skills and applied business statistics, including MS Excel tool pack or other analysis package (like Crystal Ball)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision, manage multiple priorities
- Superior communication, presentation, and organization skills; ability to communicate complex analytical findings in a clear and concise manner.
- Wireless Telecom experience
- Proficiency in data mining and analytics software (SQL, SAS, Business Objects, R)
- Experience with SAP/BPC, Hyperion, or Equivalent
- Working knowledge of Business Objects, SQL, Database or other reporting tool
- Bachelors Degree. Finance, Business Administration, Management, Accounting, Economics, Engineering. Master’s degree preferred
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
We take equal opportunity seriously-by choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.
Other jobs you may like
Finance Manager – GFS Programs
Global Financial Services (GFS) supports the digital transformation journey of Microsoft’s customers, partners & vendors by providing competitive and payment solutions to support revenue growth while managing credit risk. We are a compliance first organization with customer obsession and deal economics focus. We support $120B in trade receivables and $11B in payment solutions per year in global markets.
The GFS – Programs team is looking for a Finance Manager to assist with Supply Chain Financing and bank partner management. If you have a passion for cash flow management, customer-focus, cross-group collaboration, and a focus on results, this is a role for you.
- Financial Analysis: Conduct financial analysis to provide insights into the Supply Chain Financing program. Assist in the development and monitoring of metrics around GFS financing programs. Evaluation of payment solutions and program economics to maximize ROI of existing and new solutions from design through implementation.Analysis performed will be leveraged to support GFS leadership’s decision making.
Partnership: Partner with internal GFS teams as well as external teams across Microsoft, to drive expansion of the Supply Chain Financing program, management of bank partners, and other GFS Programs initiatives. Must effectively articulate the business implications of deal flows and payment terms. Support teams in analyzing trends and translate complex ideas and issues into a clear and concise strategy.
Compliance: Coordinate across various internal stakeholders on required legal and regulatory reviews to ensure GFS programs are compliant.
- BS/BA degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field required
- Minimum 1-3 years relevant experience in financial reporting and analysis from accounting/consulting firm or large multinational corporate preferred
- Bring an inclusive mindset to truly understand needs of your internal stakeholders and seek out different perspectives
- Ability to “think outside the box” and not be hindered by how things have been done in the past
- Ability to simplify the complex and influence without authority
- Excellent cross-group collaboration skills, including the ability to comfortably communicate with senior management at Microsoft
- Strong Excel, analytical and visual reporting skills are critical for success
- Ability and curiosity to quickly learn Microsoft business and sales/credit operations is a plus