Preference is for position to be based onsite in Minneapolis but will consider remote worker in US.
A Day in the Life
- Direct global financial planning processes for CST, including operating plans, quarterly forecasts, scenarios and strategic plans. Advise senior leadership in setting financial objectives, and then developing plans to meet those objectives.
- Manage the development and maintenance of complex financial forecasting models that consolidate the baseline businesses, joint ventures and acquisitions to ensure comprehensive CST forecasts are complete and accurate. Interpret and analyze actual financial performance versus plan or forecast. Develop and effectively communicate expectations and results for the business. Prepare and present materials and written analyses for senior leadership executive briefings and other key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with business units and global regions to ensure that CST achieves its near-term financial commitments while staying focused on long term strategic imperatives.
- Develop and monitor key performance measures (financial and non-financial) to support long-term performance and strategic objectives. In addition, this position will be expected to identify, analyze, communicate and provide suggested solutions to resolve financial issues which impact business objectives.
- Organize and structure business information to identify specific risks and opportunities. Apply quantitative and qualitative factors, skills and business experience to arrive at meaningful conclusions and recommendations. Develop innovative solution alternatives when issues arise.
- Collaborate with corporate functions and therapy business units to achieve incremental operating leverage. Ensure that the therapy business units understand the positive intent and support corporate initiatives while also ensuring that corporate initiatives accommodate the business-unit perspective. An example here would be leading a division-level analysis to ensure that CST has plans to support the corporation’s product cost down, inventory, Cash Flow and ROIC objectives.
- Support RTG Group and Corporate Finance with the development, testing and implementation of capital deployment models, specifically with FCF, Return on Invested Capital and Intrinsic Value
- Participate as a team member on the Corporate FP&A Finance Transformation team tasked with developing the future state operating norms for Medtronic Finance.
- Manage a Principal Financial Analyst for daily financial activities.
- Attract, develop and retain outstanding Finance talent.
Nice to Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Superior skills using SAP, Hyperion, MS Office applications, especially Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Experience in accounting, finance, planning and/or business development
- Previous Medtronic experience
- Successful track record developing and retaining outstanding Finance talent
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible, friendly, team-oriented disposition that thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong results orientation and bias for action, including a high degree of initiative and self-motivation in understanding business needs and leading others to meet those needs.
- Demonstrated ability and success working with minimal supervision, including flexibility to changing priorities in a proactive and self-motivated manner.
- CPA, CFA or other professional credentials preferred, but not required
- Experience identifying key financial trends and drivers and experience translating financial data into meaningful, concise explanations and executive presentations
- In-depth experience using Excel and PowerPoint to develop & communicate strategic and financial plans and results is critical to success in this position
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.