Job title: Manager
Direct Report to: General Manager
Pay Rate: Weekly Salary Based Type of position: Hours: 60 per week
on Experience and Schedule Full-time
During Training and Annual
Results to be achieved by this position: Our managers are outstanding workers and team builders.
They oversee all aspects of the restaurant’s daily operations including kitchen, dining rooms, counter, drive thru, coordinating catering orders, ordering and inventory, training, labor costs and employee staffing. They continue to grow the restaurant’s reputation for outstanding service and food quality within the local market base and regionally.
Standards for this position:
- Strong restaurant operation & food and beverage cost control background
- Possess a sense of urgency and be able to instill this in the team
- ServSafe certified
- Comfortable being in a leadership role and motivating others while at the same time being willing to jump in and cook or assist where needed
- Must be a driven, to achieve goals and progress with own development
- Is organized and can handle multiple projects at the same time
- Have great people skills and the ability to train and motivate others
Work requirements for the position:
- Do everything possible to boost the sales of the restaurant, maintain high guest satisfaction, and ensure a smooth flow to every shift.
- Follow all protocols in regards to opening, ongoing, and closing tasks.
- Instill a sense of urgency in the staff to deliver orders within Pressed Café’s standards. We strive for drinks under 2 minutes and food in 2-5 minutes.
- Manage weekly order, and organize inventory of: o Paper Goods o All Food Products o Coffee & Tea Products o FOH Supplies (register paper, printer ink, etc) o Gift Cards / Loyalty Cards o Catering / Juice Stickers, etc.
- Work with Management Team to create and monitor daily side work, food preparation sheets and cleanliness check lists.
- Effectively utilize manager communication log.
- Ensure temperature logs for coolers are utilized daily.
- Complete preventative maintenance logs as needed.
- Have knowledge of proper portioning and presentation of menu items.
- Take responsibility for all actions.
- Tend to restaurant customer queries and complaints as needed.
- Coordinate weekly staff schedules with Management Team.
- Assist with interviewing new applicants and recommend quality candidates for hire.
- Organize and maintain new hire packets.
- Handle disciplinary action in accordance with Pressed Café standards to correct policy violations. Process write-ups and suspensions if needed. Discuss all disciplinary actions with the GM.
- Fill in working in the kitchen and dining room where needed.
- Keep the lines of communication open. Pass along any messages that are relevant to other managers and restaurants.
- Work to keep the lines short and the guests’ perception of waiting to a minimum.
- Ensure that all orders are accurate.
- Ensure that all prep is completed consistently, accurately, and in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that all units and coolers are cleaned in and behind every day.
- Ensure that all prepped and open items are labeled and rotated properly.
- Assist with maintaining food inventory control.
- Maintain cleanliness of dining room and service line area.
- Monitor cleanliness of kitchen and storage areas.
- Maintain cleanliness and supplies of dishwashing area.
- Balance registers at mid-day and close of business.
- Actively coach and develop all employees (not just the new ones) to ensure food preparation and guest service delivery is consistent and timely.
- Oversee catering orders to ensure accuracy and timeliness. Walk guests though our offerings and accurately charge and cash them out.
- Distribute catering menus to local area businesses.
- Assist with restaurant maintenance projects as needed.
- Complete any other managerial tasks as assigned. Look for any opportunities to grow into a stronger manager.
Success Factors needed for this position:
Attention to detail
Lead by example
Experience needed for this position:
Minimum of 2+ years of prior restaurant and food & beverage experience
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Leadership Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Restaurant Experience: 1 year (Preferred)