With Cloud-based tools, faster GPUs, and the explosion of connected devices, open source geospatial data has more potential than ever. That data is powerful in the hands of a skilled analyst who can turn it into mission critical information. If that sounds like you, we have an opportunity for you to use your linguistic and geospatial analysis skills to transform an intelligence agency’s mission.
As a Booz Allen language enabled geospatial analyst, you’ll be working with a team of analysts to extract meaning and context from Russian native language open source data that is geospatially referenced. Using tools like ArcGIS, QGIS, GeoMedia PRO, and sophisticated search routines, you’ll develop new ways to find patterns and connections to answer your customer’s needs. Your visualization skills will come in handy as you build geospatially referenced graphics and formal reports to make sure warfighters, stakeholders, and decision makers have the timely information they need. You’ll share your expertise through leadership and mentoring as we share techniques, work through challenges, and develop workflows. This is an opportunity to broaden your skillset into areas like advanced analytics, Big Data analytics, and data modeling while developing products to improve your customer’s mission impact. Join us as we turn data into knowledge to support our warfighters, protect our national security, and inform our nation’s leaders.
Empower change with us.
- Experience with developing new expertise in emerging technologies regarding open source, including social media, deep Web searches, big data analysis, and bulk data harvesting
- Experience with applying expertise in critical spatial thinking to develop and execute effective research plans
- Knowledge of geography, cartography, or map reading and Geographic Information Systems (GIS), including ArcGIS, QGIS, and GeoMedia PRO
- Ability to demonstrate Russian language proficiency at a DLPT IV level 2/2 or equivalent, including ILR-2
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication capability, orally or in sign language, in writing, and through demonstration of GEOINT techniques, methodologies, concepts, or processes
- TS/SCI clearance
- HS diploma or GED and 10+ years of experience with conducting open source data collection, analysis, evaluation, and dissemination, AA or AS degree and 8+ years of experience with conducting open source data collection, analysis, evaluation, and dissemination, or BA or BS degree and 6+ years of experience with conducting open source data collection, analysis, evaluation, and dissemination
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with planning, prioritizing, and managing assignments in a timely manner
- Experience with creating intelligence products supporting mission requirements
- Experience with the TCPED process
- Knowledge of DoD and intelligence community missions
- Knowledge of GEOINT databases, including commercial databases
- TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics and intelligence. When you join Booz Allen, we’ll help you develop the career you want.
Challenging projects – Whether training analysts on military equipment through VR technology; developing a simulation capability to allow teams to rehearse missions together; or integrating RFID tags into mobile devices to enable data access within a geo parameter, you’ll get to solve some of the world’s toughest problems
Meaningful work – Use your skills to empower change. Your work will keep citizens and warfighters safe and well both at home and abroad
State-of-the-art technology – Broaden your intelligence capabilities with digital forensics, telematics, precision navigation, secure mobile operations, and advanced analytics
New skills – In-house experts and partnerships with tech leaders, like Nvidia and Splunk, mean you can get practical experience with advanced GPU technologies, cyber security, and data science
Room to grow – You’ll be inspired to grow your career while making your ideas a reality thanks to new opportunities across the U.S. and abroad, encouraging mentors, and collaborative colleagues
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
#LI-AH1, ID19, NSG1