Who we are: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 286 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary: The Global Professional Services Engineering Organization builds products which enable developers and merchants to integrate PayPal APIs. We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer focused on front end technologies to collaborate with our product manager and design lead to build cutting edge user experiences. This role will be responsible for building the interfaces for all customer facing products which service our developer community (developer.paypal.com, demo.paypal.com, etc..).
- Write web application code following best practices of accessibility, internationalization and instrumentation.
- Partner closely with design & product to craft great product experiences.
- Encourage code craftsmanship across team.
- Deliver code in an agile team environment.
- Assist with application deployments in our Cloud environment.
- Drive innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development.
- Passionate about customer focus, with the understanding of business impact to drive the system improvement
- A solid experience building applications on top of RESTful APIs.
- 5+ years experience with web frontend technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, Webpack, LESS, Bootstrap, and jQuery/Dojo/YUI.
- Solid knowledge of algorithms and design patterns.
- Experience with cross-browser, cross-platform, and design constraints on the web.
- Experience developing automated unit, integration and functional test suites.
- Strong desire to learn, push the envelope, and share knowledge with others.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience required
- B.S. or equivalent degree in Computer Science is desired
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.