Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Systems Engineer to lead the Command & Launch Segment Specialty Engineering Human Systems Integration (HSI) team. This position will be located in Roy, Utah or Huntsville, AL and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force’s sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
What you will get to do:
The selected candidate will lead the segment team for HSI and be able to interact/communicate with the element and product level teams in the technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability/effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, and test. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Ensures requirements allocation and interface definition studies translate to customer requirements for hardware and software HSI specifications-could require functional analysis, timeline analysis, and detail trade studies.
Roles and responsibilities could include:
- Prepare and Brief customer events
- Graphical User Interface (GUI) Design Reviews
- Lead Design Reviews
- Lead the Design Approval process across SEI
- Perform Operator Impact Analysis
- Perform Task Analysis
- Review Design Decision Documents (DDDs)
- Review User Interface Design Documents (UIDDs)
- Managing, Planning, and re-Planning-Cost and Schedule
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You will bring these qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) from an accredited university with 9 years engineering experience OR Master’s Degree with 7 years of experience OR 4 years with a PHD
- Experience in Human Factors Engineering/ Human Systems Integration
- An active Secret DoD Clearance with an investigation in the past 6 years and the ability to obtain special program access.
- Experience with deriving hardware and software requirements, design, development and support of system integration activities
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project.
- Ability to travel 25%
- Master’s degree in STEM discipline from an accredited university
- Active, In-scope DoD Top Secret or SCI clearance
- Experience with weapon systems
- Experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Experience with Agile Development.
- Ability to solve problems, analyze test results, drive tasks to completion
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to present to segment, program and customer community
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.