At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Therefore, we seek to attract and retain the best and brightest talent. Understanding that our people are our greatest asset, our ethos is simple: come as you are and do what you love.
The Device Partner Sales organization is seeking to hire a General Manager who will manage a large multi national device partner for Microsoft. You will have the opportunity to lead a diverse, dynamic team of sales and marketing professionals responsible for managing the partner engagement strategy including, engineering and product development, strategic sales planning and priority setting, business insights and execution, collaboration with internal stakeholder teams, cross company partner relationship stewardship. You will be the voice of the partner and evangelize their point of view inside of Microsoft. This leader plays a pivotal role in the culture, pursuit of excellence and strategic growth of our people and our business.
The impact you will have on our business:
- Build long-term vision and roadmap aligned with the Microsoft Customer Solution Areas across Modern Life, Gaming, Modern Workplace, Apps & Infra and Data & AI.
- Own the strategy to accelerate growth and business transformation between Microsoft and the partner to leverage both companies’ technology and capabilities to create new joint solutions
- Design & execute the creation and sales and marketing execution of a competitive device portfolio by season, enabling the best partner hardware with the best of Microsoft software.
- Thought leadership to influence sales strategies and initiatives that align to Microsoft priorities.
- Be the partner advocate within Microsoft and the subject matter expert on the partner’s portfolio
- Cultivate and champion Microsoft as a valued business partner with the partner by aligning the vision for Microsoft technology and services with future industry needs.
- Run a business rhythm to track progress against targets, develop correction plans for negative variance to budget & develop upside plans. Drive monthly and quarterly business reviews across sales, marketing, product development & regions.
- As a leader in the DPS organization, you will be expected to foster a culture that embodies “Model, Coach and Care”, with deliberate focus on Diversity and Inclusion, and with an allyship-based action plan, that fosters a healthy team culture
- Recruit, develop and retain a high performing team by creating a culture of inclusion and learning
- Lead a diverse global team and develop career developments plans and to accelerate the team’s growth & contribution. Scale people impact by driving clarity, generating energy, and building diverse teams.
- Drive strong cross-segment collaboration with key stakeholders within Microsoft and the partner to deliver against business goals.
- Own the accountability for the overall engagement and strategy with the Partner, internally and externally.
- Cultivate and champion Microsoft as a valued business and technology partner to create mutual profitable and sustainable growth.
- Design and execute the growth strategy for the partner, including adoption of technologies and new cloud services to drive business innovation.
- Enable a strong, sustainable business partnership through focus on Customer and Partner Experience (CPE) metrics, overall partner health and a predictable rhythm of the business (ROB) to create scale.
- Be the advocate inside Microsoft for the partner creating awareness, understanding and new opportunity for ways to expand our partnership with the partners.
- Lead the One Microsoft v-team that works with the partner to advance our joint goals and ensure that we have the right Portfolio, investments, innovation opportunities and executive engagement in place.
- Drive platform, product and compete initiatives across all segments of the business with the partner
- 10+ years of partner management and sales leadership experience
- Technical knowledge of Devices, Server Infrastructure and Cloud Services.
- Depth in understanding and experience of the consumer segment, with special focus on the US Retail business
- Depth in understanding and experience of the commercial channel, including solution selling
- Depth in understanding of server infrastructure sales and go-to-market, with focus on edge-to-cloud hybrid sales scenarios
- Building strategic relationships and partnering with senior executives at the CXO level
- Consistent track of record in delivering on quarterly and annual revenue budget and key scorecard metrics
- Previous experience on leading a multi-country, highly diverse team, and experience in leading “manager of managers” in previous organizations
- Leader with a proven track record for leading teams through driving clarity and energy and building a true inclusive working environment
- Apply entrepreneurial mindset and innovative thinking to identifying and executing opportunities
- Possess high standards for performance and compliance
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholder groups and connect with diverse audiences
- Must be able to effectively articulate an elevated and integrated picture of technology and product positioning to internal audiences and external partners
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.