Company Name: Kroger Stores
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
General Technician Apprentice needed to perform general maintenance repairs for Food Prep and Material Handling Equipment. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide complete store service to all assigned stores and on all assigned non-refrigerated equipment except, those items covered by Vendor warranties and Landlord liabilities, as economically as possible.
- Evaluate store equipment and assist the Maintenance Engineer in determining the best way to provide maintenance service.
- Assist with major and minor project installations as directed.
- Determine what parts the maintenance department should stock in order to perform timely and complete repairs and preventative maintenance to store equipment.
- Provide complete and timely preventive maintenance for store equipment.
- Maintain an accurate and organized inventory of parts.
- Clean and maintain company service vehicle, if one is assigned.
- Train Technicians and/or technicians in the repair of store equipment should the need arise. Train Technicians, technicians, engineers and store personnel in the proper use of store equipment.
- Properly communicate with Facility Engineering staff, store management and other servicemen through both written and verbal techniques.
- Maintain effective communications with store personnel in order to reduce maintenance cost, especially as it relates to equipment abuse, repeat calls, overtime, and incomplete understanding of the equipment.
- Properly complete all repair, labor, part and purchasing documentation in a timely fashion.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Strong mechanical skills
- Strong organizational skills.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to travel independently
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Prior knowledge/experience with kitchen and material handling equipment maintenance/repairs
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED Desired
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.