Division: Deep South
Department : Central Region Human Resources
Work Schedule: Mon – Fri 8:00am to 5:00pm / Weekends & after hours as needed
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Generalist – Human Resources is responsible for providing support to the Human Resources Director and Employee Relations Managers within the Region and Division. This position consults with managers on employee labor relations issues, supports all teams with recruitment, employee development and conduct, internal investigations, delivering new hire orientation.
- Assists with Employee Relations issues including employee relations investigations; administering corrective action processes in partnership with the Human Resources Director and/or the Employee Relations Manager; assisting with unemployment claim matters, assisting with completing associate transactions in HRIS, and providing guidance and support to local management.
- Assists with special projects by clarifying project objectives; setting timetables and schedules; conducting research; developing and organizing information; fulfilling transactions and meeting deadlines. Provides human resources relief and human resources coverage for Employee Relations Managers’ and Recruiters absences due to vacation, or other leaves of absence.
- Provides recruiting support and assistance to the Recruiters in support of the Region and Division.
- Responsible for the management of the Leave of Absences process and the maintenance and review of the leave management report.
- Generates and monitors human resources required weekly reports for accuracy of information in associate records.
- Identifies breaches of culture/values that impact the work environment; interprets and provides guidance on corporate policy to various levels of management as needed.
- Minimum age 18 years old
- Valid driver’s license required and obligation to maintain compliance with UNITED fleet policy
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required by position and compliance with UNITED safety policies
- Regular and prompt attendance is an essential function of the job
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to maintain a neat professional appearance within Company guidelines
- Ability to maintain safety and security of Company assets
- Ability to utilize all Company provided resources and technology
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or 2 to 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to travel up to 75%
- PHR preferred
- Microsoft Office Suite experience preferred
- SAP experience preferred
- Experience with union contracts preferred
- Ability to demonstrate oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be highly organized and self-motivated
- Ability to multi-task and maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Ability to collaborate and partner with management
- Frequent sitting, typing, and keying
Successful candidates with our company must pass a drug screen and background check. (MVR/DOT Physical, if applicable)
Coca-Cola Bottling Company UNITED, Inc. “An EEO/AAP Employer (M/F/D/V)”
CCBCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.