McKesson Corp is a Fortune 7 company and is one of the largest providers of medicines, pharmaceutical supplies and health information technology (IT) products and services in the United States with revenues of $208.4 billion in 2018. The company was founded in 1833 by John McKesson and Charles Olcott in New York with a focus on importing and wholesaling pharmaceutical products. United by our ICARE values, McKesson’s 78,000 employees work together every day to make better care possible for patients around the globe.
The Product Manager, Generics Program, will be responsible for understanding and maximizing the generics market penetration with retail national and medium chain customers. The Product Manager will serve as a functional expert in retail national and medium chain space in pricing, analytics, and generic compliance management. The Product Manager will work to develop or enhance processes to track, analyze, and maximize customer profitability and identify new expansion opportunities with RNA customers.
- Manage portfolios focused on growing incremental generics in the RNA customer space
- Understand and communicate (written and/or verbal) subject matter expertise on generic products, programs & pricing Retail National and Medium Chain and others to maintain and sell generic value
- Develop customer facing presentations to support our RNA field sales team to expand McKesson’s footprint with Retail National Accounts customers
- Build customer strategy aligned with PSaS strategy based on acquiring insightful knowledge of RNA customers and their business models
- Analyze opportunities to expand generic products, services, and pricing strategies while examining market channels and exploring innovative business strategies
- Manage the compilation, analysis, and reporting of data to forecast trends, applying mathematical models and statistical techniques, to support Retail National and Medium Chain customer growth
- Evaluate business performance and analyze impact to market share to ensure McKesson’s ability to exceed customer net sales and net income targets and stretch goals
- Maintain cross functional relationships with internal partners to ensure best in class service to Retail National and Medium Chain customers
- Analyze customer purchasing trends to provide clear internal guidance to product Pricing and Procurement teams
- Utilize Excel to perform quantitative and qualitative analysis, financial modeling, and economic forecasting
- Profitable market share growth in McKesson Retail National and Medium Chain customers
- Development of key market differentiating generic programs
- Operational Excellence
- 2+ years of Financial Analysis or Pricing Experience
- 3+ years of Sales or Client Service experience
- Excellent financial analysis and P&L interpretation skills
- Marketing/Strategy experience a plus
- Strong analytical capabilities. Excel spreadsheet skills and spreadsheet analysis techniques required
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Demonstrated ability to influence individuals and exercise good judgment in a fast-paced decision-making environment is required
- Strong communication skills especially in the area of verbal/written communication with customers
- Ability to think logically and analytically, problem-solve, build consensus, and lead initiatives
Additional Skills and Abilities
- Strong customer facing skills with a knack for building relationships internally and externally
- Exceptional business acumen/aptitude
- Strong diplomatic skills with an ability to consistently think on your feet and be nimble
- Self-motivated, extremely organized, and capable of handling multiple initiatives
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills capable of promoting trust and collaboration
- Excellent data analysis skills with a thorough eye for detail
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) (preferred)
- General Office Demands
We take pride in our culture of connection and believe in a workplace where everyone can be their full, authentic self. We welcome and encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities and others with diverse perspectives to join our growing team. Your unique perspective and experience are valuable assets that can translate into a rewarding career path with us. Apply to join our team and help shape the future of healthcare!
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.