Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Our data centers serve as the foundation upon which our software operates to meet the demands of our customers. The Global Facilities Operational Readiness Lead supports our Data Center Facility Operations teams at our data centers on standardized process and procedural governance for ensuring maximum readiness of equipment and operating systems, developing and implementing asset management processes, assessment of day-to-day operations, ensuring proper vendor services support, and delivery of other key initiatives. The candidate will need to be experienced in critical operations, process optimization, and program management.
- Ensure development and implementation of cross functional programs related to Operational Readiness of our data centers
- In support of maintenance plans and repair strategies, coordinate with logistics partners to ensure optimal provisioning of parts, spares, and consumables at all data centers to support continual readiness. Ensure scalable solutions
- Provide scalable solutions for reliable asset management to include initial acceptance of owner and contractor furnished equipment and subsequent tracking of assemblies and subassemblies throughout the lifecycle of the equipment
- Collaborate with cross functional data center teams, support efficient planning of lifecycle maintenance activities and projects that require equipment shutdowns, to minimize impact on redundancy and availability
- Ensure consistency and use of best practices across fleet in asset management including data management, parts and spares, BOM, maintenance and repair strategies
- Provide for cross communications with counterparts at all data center sites, with the leadership team, and adjacent operating teams to share lessons learned and best practices to improve optimize operational readiness and associated processes and routines
- Support assessment of day-to-day facility operations, review of post incident reports, root cause analysis, and corrective action plans
- Support and drive the development and improvement of applicable global standards
- Ensure consistent process deployment in both legacy as well as new build data centers
- Ability to travel approximately 35%
- 10+ years of experience managing technical or mission critical facility operations
- Experience making decisions and work with minimal direction
- Experience thinking strategically and executing tactically
- Experience driving projects to completion with minimal supervision
- Experience in root cause analysis, project and program management
- Experience providing solutions to large-scale projects
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]