We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Global Supply Manager to support our development teams and contract manufacturing partners in the sourcing of Direct Supply Chain components and parts. These could include specific parts related to one of our four automobiles (Model S, Model X Model 3¸ and/or Model Y), Tesla Energy, Batteries and/or any other components intrinsic to the successful running of the organization. This role will report to our Supply Chain Group Manager and in parallel be an active sourcing resource supporting our various Engineering groups within Tesla.
She/he will be a member of our Supply Chain Organization supporting the development, implementation and management of strategies to provide Tesla with optimal supply assurance, pricing, flexibility, quality and delivery performance.
The Global Supply Manager builds and leverages strong working relationships with our engineering teams and key suppliers to assure cost, quality, and delivery targets are met. They work toward good supplier relationships and total costs of ownership to achieve maximum advantage for Tesla and our customers.
Tesla is a fast moving, dynamic environment where flexibility and adaptability are key attributes needed for success. The successful candidate will be a self-starter; motivated with expert overall Sourcing Expertise.
- Owner of RFI’s, RFP’s and RFQ’s – ensuring all commercial terms are agreed and documented.
- Ensures NDA, SOW’s and Master Purchase Agreement are positioned appropriately before business is initiated.
- Drive price negotiations processes to ensure that Tesla’s commodity pricing are best in class.
- Drive continual cost reduction and avoidance initiatives through ad hoc price negotiations.
- Drive supply base consolidation where possible.
- Address all areas of category management including category business plans, global market and pricing analysis and procurement support.
- Monitor current category market conditions, technology roadmaps and identify supply/demand challenges & opportunities.
- Analyze current spend and evaluate current suppliers. Consolidate spend across supply base to create leverage, analyze purchasing trends and develop sourcing alternatives. Identify new high potential suppliers on global basis.
- Manage respective supplier relationships and performance, including but not limited to dispute resolution.
- Develop key performance measures for chosen suppliers and negotiate on multiple variables to award longer-term strategic contracts that result in significant cost reduction and improved service levels.
- Monitor current category market conditions, technology roadmaps and identify supply/demand challenges and opportunities.
- Develop spend strategies, identify potential suppliers, analyze supplier capabilities, select suppliers and determine prices, terms, and conditions of agreements.
- Lead the vendor selection process with engineering teams.
- Work collaboratively with other Sourcing Specialists, Sourcing Managers, Category Managers, and Buyers.
- Identify supplier consolidation opportunities that will generate savings from executing strategic sourcing projects.
- Evaluate supplier business proposals and present recommendations that will result in cost savings, avoidance or containment.
- Develop sourcing and negotiation strategies that deliver against business objectives and achieves sustainable relationships with suppliers.
- Create competitive environments with suppliers to support a negotiation strategy.
- Evaluate and provide guidance on final selection of suppliers; Perform value analysis for final selection of suppliers.
- Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations Management, Engineering or Chemistry and/or equivalent experience or evidence of exceptional ability.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows and Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.