The Global Trade Compliance (GTC) Staff Analyst will be an important team member supporting Illumina’s compliance with all applicable global import and export regulations. This position requires in-depth experience of import/export operations, and the candidate must demonstrate knowledge of customs requirements, export and import licensing, economic sanctions, and classification requirements. This role requires exceptional cross-collaboration skills to effectively communicate GTC’s requirements across the organization. It is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic GTC team that is supporting the Company’s vision to transform human health. Your passion is critical to our success!
- Operate under the general direction and supervision of the Associate Director, Global Trade.
- Act as a subject matter expert concerning the application of US and international customs and trade regulations to Illumina’s business.
- Assess, develop, implement and monitor internal policies and procedures that mitigate business risk and ensure compliance with global trade regulations.
- Support day-to-day business operations and strategic commercial opportunities by conducting analysis of transactions and making recommendations on how to achieve financial objectives while ensuring compliance with applicable regulations.
- Educate all departments in interpreting and complying with trade compliance regulations by building and providing global, company-wide training.
- Coordinate and support any internal, external and government compliance disclosure, inspection, investigation, assessment and audit as required and respond to applicable requests.
- Collaborate with GTC team and cross-functional stakeholders to drive continuous improvement initiatives that increase compliance with global trade regulations.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of global trade policies, regulations, national and international guidelines and industry standards
- Education & Experience: BA/BS degree plus 8+ years of equivalent practical work experience. A Masters and/or JD degree is a plus.
- Specialized knowledge of import and/or export trade regulations in multiple countries.
- Experience in life science or medical device industry considered a plus.
- Working experience with broker operations and a general understanding of logistics and supply chain process would be beneficial for this role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, judgement, creativity, flexibility.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaboratively.
- Detail oriented and highly organized; ability to multi-task several tasks/projects at once.
- Ability to adapt to rapid change, work with a sense of urgency, and effective time management.
- Knowledge and experience of SAP and trade compliance management systems.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact [email protected] To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.