This role can be located anywhere in the United States.
Fiserv Government Solutions for a competitive and upbeat solutions consultant to join our proposal development team to analyze technical service offerings and formulate, develop, and design solutions for customers. This individual will be a key member of our Capture team working closely with sales, product, operations, and delivery teams to develop technical and business solutions and compile proposals in response to government RFPs and RFIs.
This role is about working closely with the Capture Team Pursuit Lead, leading the solutioning of proposals, conducting solutioning workshops and developing solutions around functional, technical, implementation and ongoing support for key categories, including requirements assessment, as well as gap and risk analysis and resolution. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating, guiding and synthesizing information from identified content contributors from our sales and delivery teams and partners to develop outstanding solutions that help customers achieve their vision, beginning with facilitation of Solution Kick-Off, and ongoing follow-up meetings
- Extensive hands-on authoring of our proposal Approach encompassing 1) the tailoring of seeded material, 2) development of new “from scratch” content, and 3) synthesizing/smoothing of contributor content, resulting in a compliant, strategic response that communicates our Win Themes, demonstrates “Why Us” and reflects “One Voice”
- Leadership, coordination, and participation in recovery subsequent to review cycles (Pink, Red, Gold)
- Engaging with Resource Manager to communicate staffing strategy, identify staffing needs, and then build out the Staffing Approach content around the staff names, descriptions and required forms provided
- Researching and identifying key industry competitors as part of larger solution strategy
- Development of Microsoft Project Plan (WBS) or equivalent as required by the proposal
- Graphics strategy management, leveraging internal and/or external Marketing/Graphics team support to identify existing reusable graphics, identify new graphics needs, and facilitate the graphics development process
- Determine Level of Effort / Cost Approach, pulling in appropriate input and support from appropriate resources (Sales, Delivery, etc)
- Other duties as required to support business development
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in a capture team leading solutioning work for proposals, including solutioning workshops, gap analysis, and risk/issue management
- Experience participating in the development and writing of proposals
- Development of cost estimates as input into pricing
- 5+ years of professional experience in information technology, providing IT solutions and/or IT-related consulting services
- General knowledge and understanding of IT concepts, technologies and methodologies such as: networks, cyber security, software development, cloud computing, service desk management, ITIL, DevOps, Agile, or SDLC
- Experience preparing presentations, whitepapers, management plans, briefings, architectural and process diagrams, studies or other technical or process artifacts
- Ability to effectively communicate about complex IT solutions with both technical and non-technical people
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, competitive, and constantly evolving environment
- Strong visual communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office Suite Skills, to include the ability to format content in Microsoft Word using styles, populate and navigate Excel spreadsheets involving formulas, utilize Microsoft Teams and SharePoint, prepare Powerpoint presentations, and develop process documentation in Visio
- Strong Microsoft Project experience developing Project Plans and Work Breakdown Structures
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
As consumer technology evolves, constituents demand more convenient access to government services. Fiserv helps federal, state, and local agencies deliver the same high levels of service as private industry while ensuring security and controlling costs.
For more than 25 years, we’ve helped governments plan, procure, and manage IT projects that support health care, human services, tax, transportation, labor, education, criminal justice, and public safety. Whether it’s making payment such as benefits and payroll or receiving payment for taxes, licenses and other government services, Fiserv handles all payment processing needs with safe, secure and reliable solutions.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.