Department: FRYS Grocery
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: Store Management
Position Supervises: N/A
FLSA Status: Exempt
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Achieve sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor and control all established quality assurance standards. Direct andsupervise all functions, duties and activities for the department. Support the day-to-day functions of the Grocery operations. Embrace the Customer 1 st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
· Promote trust and respect among associates
- Communicate company, department, and job specific information to associates
- Collaborate with associates and promote teamwork to help achieve company/store goals
- Establish performance goals for department and empower associates to meet or exceed targets
- Develop adequate scheduling to manage customer volume throughout hours of operation
- Train and develop associates on performance of their job and participate in the performance appraisal process
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products
- Display a positive attitude
- Develop and implement a department business plan to achieve desired results
- Create and execute sales promotions in partnership with store management
- Inform and educate department associates about current, upcoming and special in-store promotions, especially promotions that affect the Grocery department
- Implement the period promotional plan for the department
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads
- Monitor and control expenses for the department
- Assist store management in preparing the store/department budget, profit and loss reviews, and take appropriate action on all financial reports
- Maintain an awareness of inventory/stocking conditions; note any discrepancies in inventory
- Schedule daily, weekly and monthly price changes by updating shelf tags and promotional signs
- Plan, organize and supervise the inventory process
- Train department associates on inventory/stocking and Computer Assisted Ordering
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents
- Report all safety risks or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- High school education or equivalent
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math
- Ability to handle stressful situations
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Management experience preferred
- Retail experience
- Second language (speaking, reading and/or writing)
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, click here.
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.