- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience in growth marketing, product marketing, program/project management, strategic consulting or product management
- Experience leading growth initiatives in a product marketing or product development organization, with a growth-hacking mindset to plan and manage day-to-day experimentation
- Experience initiating and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Experience in analyzing, interpreting, and leveraging data to make business decisions
- Ability to influence discussions involving complex technical concepts and data-based stories
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an excellent attention to detail
About the job
Whether you’re on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product’s journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across Sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you’ll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
Search continues to drive the core of Google’s business and our mission to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful. As a Growth Marketing Manager for Google Search, you will work closely with product teams, international marketing counterparts, UX designers and external agencies to grow the product on a global scale. You will focus on leveraging owned and operated growth levers across Google properties to reach and engage new and existing users. You will play an integral role in shaping the strategy and direction of our global growth: identifying, proposing, testing and implementing growth initiatives through rapid experimentation.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google’s products solve the world’s problems-from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can-changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Leverage user insights and local market trends to identify and define opportunities and strategies for growth across Search surfaces, including iOS, Android and Desktop.
- Build in-product growth initiatives for Search via owned channels (e.g. push-notification, email, in-app promos).
- Coordinate with international marketing teams as a main global point of contact for Growth and align with their key strategies and priorities.
- Play an advisory/consultant role for global and local marketing teams within Search to drive growth activities for their focus areas and campaigns.
- Evaluate experiment results, learnings and best-practices to quantify impact of growth marketing initiatives.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.