Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
The Hardware Network Engineering team is looking for a Hardware Systems Foundation Engineer Intern to develop modeling, simulation, test, and emulation platforms for Facebook’s global network comprised of cutting-edge switches and routers connecting millions of servers. This team is responsible for the design, implementation, and support of one of the world’s largest networks. In this role, the intern will have a unique opportunity to shape the future networks of Facebook by specifying technical requirements and steering the industry and ecosystem. This role will be working across many projects in our Hardware team to shape our system design and development methodologies across Hardware projects.
- Develop code and infrastructure for the emulation, simulation, and validation platforms to derive performance requirements for our hardware systems
- Prototype system bringup and test
- Clean, analyze, and interpret data from our network, from test systems, and from simulation
- Define and optimize future network topologies, hardware components, and systems
- Develop and validate tools, models, and algorithms for hardware components, systems, and distributed deep learning networks
- Develop tooling and practices to prototype test systems and correlate observed performance with simulation
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a Masters degree in Electrical Engineering, Sciences and Engineering, and/or related field
- Linux Networking, transport technologies
- Data engineering and analysis
- Experience in C++ and/or Python
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]