The intern’s primary responsibility is to gain practical experience related to the operations of a health system.
Through this formative experience, the intern can gain insights that can influence an intern’s chosen career path.
In return, Virtua draws upon the unique talents and interests of the intern to assist in projects and/or operations related to the intern’s interest and needs of the administrative sponsor.
- Intern will take direction from an administrative sponsor on duties to perform during the duration of the internship. Duties must be commensurate with the interns experience and level of understanding.
- Intern will complete all assigned tasks in a timely manner while exhibiting the Virtua STAR qualities.
- Intern must convey a positive attitude and be self-motivated.
- Intern will shadow a Virtua employee according to the direction of the administrative sponsor.
- Intern must complete and present a final report as directed by the administrate sponsor prior to the completion of the internship.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
Intern must provide a resume and statement of objective/learning goals prior to the start of the internship.
Interns can be currently matriculating high school, undergraduate graduate students or recent (less than one year) graduates.