- Bachelor’s degree (majors in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field strongly preferred).
- 2+ years of relevant experience in data analysis, report building, research, or similar work.
- 2+ years experience with Excel, SQL, and/or other scripting languages.
- 2+ years experience with basic data visualization techniques using Tableau, Quicksight, and/or other data visualization tools.
The perfect candidate will have a passion for analyzing data and using that analysis to drive key insights and recommendations. As a data analyst you will also build reports, compile metrics, own ad hoc analysis, and work with program managers to communicate insights to key stakeholders. You will not only execute on the required skills but also be able to influence, educate, and drive results in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Build, maintain and automate recurring metrics and reports using SQL, Excel and/or other scripting languages. Build insightful visualizations using Tableau, QuickSight etc.
- Complete ad hoc data retrieval and analysis using relational databases, Excel and other data management systems.
- Monitor existing metrics, develop and propose new metrics, and identify new, actionable risk signals.
- Design and implement reporting solutions enabling stakeholders to manage the business and make effective decisions.
- Support cross-functional teams on the day-to-day execution of projects and initiatives.
- Help gather requirements and specifications with business and development teams.
- Experience visualizing data for customers using Tableau, Quicksight and/or other data visualization tools.
- Proven ability to multitask and balance competing priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Working knowledge of statistical methodologies.
- Familiarity with Oracle business intelligence tools.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.