Commercial Banking offers clients the convenience and vast banking network of Chase, combined with the thought leadership and global financial capabilities of J.P. Morgan. We deliver extensive industry knowledge, local expertise and dedicated service to more than 24,000 clients, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions and not-for-profit organizations with annual revenue generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion. We offer a comprehensive set of financial products and services including credit, equipment finance, real estate finance, treasury services and provide clients with access to the investment services of J.P. Morgan.
The HR Business Partner role sits within the firmwide HR Business Partner organization – a Center of Excellence/Shared Service construct. The HR Business Partner’s responsibility is to work with managers at varying levels of the organization to execute strategic priorities set by senior leaders. They provide support to senior HR Business Advisors and senior managers on core HR activities. They help senior managers engage with others in HR and with specialists to bring resolution to their HR-related matters.
This position will report to the HR Business Partner Team Lead and be aligned to support leaders within the Global Services business. The role will require you to establish and drive progress against people priorities with a strong focus on talent management, development, diversity and inclusion, change management, coaching, and delivering on a great employee experience. The role will require you to be able to apply innovative and transformational solutions to this fast paced and changing business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support the implementation of people agenda initiatives and efforts for a business area
- Provide day-to-day advice on human capital matters
- Advise business leadership and cascade the structuring and re-organizational changes deeper into Line of Business areas to institutionalize the new organization into BAU
- Support year-end compensation process partnering with compensation, finance and/or business management, providing guidance on IC and salary planning as appropriate and supporting managers through compensation decisions.
- Support the performance and talent management cycle by partnering with leaders on an as-needed basis to handle succession planning needs and requirements, answer performance questions, issues and processes, supporting and providing guidance on the promotion process particularly during quarterly and end-of-year timing
- Facilitate feedback processes and other employee input initiatives, e.g. action plans based on Employee Opinion Surveys, Pulse Checks, etc.
- Support or participate in individualized development and coaching to managers and emerging leaders, as needed, and in partnership with the development team. This may include supporting action items that stem from leadership coaching provided by the aligned HRBP or an external coach
- Be available to provide front-line support to managers for HR risk / controls initiatives
- Provide project management support for HR-related initiatives being implemented within Lines of Business
- Support cross-Line of Business and large scale initiatives
- Work with management information systems (MIS) and reporting to understand trends and outliers, and facilitate fact based, metrics driven client decisions.
- Be a champion of HR process change. Analyze processes, data and trends to make recommendations to management team for continuous improvement
- Partner with HR colleagues of all levels and disciplines across the globe to execute the people strategy, drive efficiencies and leverage best practices
- Ensure appropriate controls are in place and managed effectively for all critical HR processes
- Lead and/or actively participate in HR projects, aligned to key identified HR priorities
Skills and Experiences
- 7+ years of overall business experience (previous human resources experience preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree required, advanced degree desired.
- Technical Knowledge: Knowledge of full range of people practices in a business setting: goal setting, performance assessment and improvement, compensation practices, talent review and talent management, workforce planning, reductions in force, manager development. Strong business acumen. Project management abilities including execution skills and end to end process improvement. Technically proficient in MS Office Suite – including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strategy and Analysis Skills: Able to translate business strategies/priorities/goals into people strategies/priorities/goals. Utilizes critical thinking and analytical skills regularly to identify issues and trends, develop solutions and/or recommendations to address root cause. Strong analytical, quantitative and technical skills that enable individual to leverage data to make data driven decisions and create HR strategies that support and drive business results
- Consultative, Coaching, and Influencing Skills: Ability to navigate a global matrix organization and partner on issues across HR and the business. Must be able to work collaboratively and to develop strong, positive working relationships. Proven track record in objectively coaching employees and management through complex, difficult issues and mitigating risks. Exceptional judgment, demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and be creative in developing alternative solutions in a fast paced environment. Ability to manage multiple tasks while remaining proactive and flexible in style. Excellent consulting, influencing and negotiation skills. Skilled at coaching and developing others, particularly managers and leaders. Able to quickly size up a complex people/business situation, sort through the facts, develop alternatives and make sound recommendations. Understands when to escalate. Challenges clients to question assumptions and think through problems.
- Teamwork: Promotes partnership by fostering a shared purpose, trust and teamwork across teams, businesses, functions, regions, and levels.
- Other Desired Behaviors: Ability to push back and to tackle new challenges for the organization. Resiliency: focus and determination to influence multiple stakeholders. Intellectual Curiosity: to learn something new and ask lots of questions. Innovation: to keep ahead of trends and inspire as a thought leader. Change Management and Project Management skillset.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.