No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it’s about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems, builds and delivers aviation-related systems to customers around the world. We push the boundaries of innovation, and drive advances in various sciences. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking an HVAC Mechanic 3 to support our Maintenance Team in our Clearfield, Utah location.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance, and modifications of air-conditioning and refrigeration systems and equipment in an industrial or commercial establishment in accordance with applicable building codes and safety regulations.
- Maintains production requirements and quality by ensuring the operation of machinery and mechanical equipment is at the needed capacity.
- Supports the operations of the equipment by managing the EMS monitoring system in the facility. Owner of all HVAC equipment and functions.
- Must follow all safety rules and enforce and follow Lock out/ Tag out at all times.
- Performs preventive maintenance on HVAC equipment such as autoclaves, ovens, chillers, boilers, vacuum systems, cooling towers, humidifiers, etc.
- Performs periodic inspection to locate and troubleshoot cause of equipment malfunctions and repair as needed.
- Conducts proactive maintenance program to prevent failure of such equipment as centrifugal compressors, electrical controls, evaporative condensers, pumps, fans, and heating equipment.
- Charges air-conditioning systems with refrigerant; checks and tests for leaks.
- Sets and adjusts controls and regulators.
- Fabricates, assembles, and installs ductwork, piping; overhauls equipment as needed.
- May be required to service, modify, and maintain centralized HVAC computer systems and make program corrections.
- May be required to install and maintain high-technology equipment in a clean room environment.
- May be required to perform safe handling and/or places hazardous waste materials in proper containers for later disposal.
- Maintains HVAC equipment, parts, and supplies. Checks inventory levels of shop supplies to ensure resources are available to perform duties. Assists in determining inventory levels; anticipating needed equipment and parts.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- High school diploma/GED
- HVAC Certification
- EPA 608 Certification
- Minimum of 4 years experience working in a manufacturing idustry in an HVAC maintenance capacity or Service Technician
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Knowledge and experience working with power tools
- Ability to read and understand schematics and blueprints
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze issues and determine root causes
Competencies for Success:
- Positive individual who is willing to expandcurrent skill set through schooling and training.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work with others at all levels of the organization.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to multitask and work several issues in the most efficient manner.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to solve problems.
- Willingness to meet customer needs.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, diverse environment.
- Initiative, self starter, adaptable and high motivation for excellence.
- High energy, results oriented, self motivated/self reliant team player.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.