Under minimal supervision, conducts preventive maintenance, repair, installation, and commissioning and general servicing of systems (including detailed troubleshooting of systems). Responsible for high levels of customer satisfaction through direct, on site, customer interface. With a high level of complete technical competence, mentors control technicians, service technician and mechanical technicians on building automation activities. Properly completes required project and service documentation.
How you will do it
- Diagnoses and repairs complex control systems malfunctions requiring extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems and ability to test and write modifications in multiple languages of systems software.
- Consults with the customer through data gathered and site assessments. Provides field proposals for retrofits, upgrades and or enhancements to existing equipment. Assists sales by providing technical recommendations for sales leads.
- Manages assigned work to meet professional and efficient execution of time and customer satisfaction. Reports problems or changes to management immediately. Interfaces with branch manager, service manager, service project manager or subcontractors on projects to coordinate activities as required in an ethical and professional manner.
- Provides sketches of field changes and discrepancies for engineering corrections and drawings. May assist with job layouts and bid proposals.
- Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site. Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction. Meets regularly with customer to become familiar with operating problems. Keeps customer informed on the nature of service provided, outstanding issues and recommends system enhancements, upgrades, and or replacement. Promotes the sale of add-on work.
- Adheres to all Johnson Controls and customer safety standards. Provides safety leadership and instruction to all controls technicians in the branch.
- Provides safety awareness while working onsite with Johnson Controls subcontractors.
- Trains the customer in control systems operations. Delivers manuals and documentation to the customer for training needs as required.
- Provides mentorship for certification of Controls Technicians and Service Technicians on complex building automation systems. Coaches, supports and trains mechanical workforce on non-complex, non-critical equipment.
- Compiles job documentation, such as certificate of completion, customer training form, training certificates and punch lists.
- Conducts extensive self-study (reading, research and practice) to improve and maintain technical proficiency in company’s product lines. Completes certifications as required by the company.
- Other duties related to the installing, commissioning and servicing of building controls and facilities management systems and energy management systems, as assigned.
- Assists in the design and configuration of building control systems as defined by the contract documents. Creates flow diagrams, sequence of operations, bill of material, network layouts and electrical schematics as required.
- Assists in the development and testing of software programs necessary to operate the system per the intent of the project requirements.
- Compiles and/or completes project as-built and close-out documentation.
- Assists in the coordination and creation of necessary drawings and equipment schedules for submittals and installation.
- Selects, orders, and tracks the delivery of materials for assigned projects. Coordinates factory-mounting processes to meet factory and project schedule.
- Assists in the loading and commissioning of all system and network-level controllers as required. Assists in validation of complete system functionality and troubleshoots problems with subcontractors and other trades to ensure proper operation.
- May provide field change information to the project team for the creation of as-built drawings and software.
- Keeps management and JCI contractor or customer informed of job progress and issues.
- Assists in performing site-specific training for owner / operator on the total building control system.
- Participates in release meeting with project field team.
- Vocational School four year program graduate or an Associate’s degree in electronics, mechanical systems, computer technology, air conditioning or similar field preferred.
- Degree may be offset by two years’ experience in servicing electronic and or mechanical systems.
- Seven to ten years of increasingly responsible experience in installing and servicing direct digital control systems and HVAC equipment required or equivalent experience.
- Ability to coordinate the work of others on multiple job sites.
- Effective interpersonal skills to represent the company to customers and other outside contacts in an ethical and professional manner.
- Possesses the ability to explain technical information to technical and non-technical people.
- Must have experience in writing as well as demonstrated understanding of computer programs and software applications as related to the HVAC Industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the construction or HVAC industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of control theory, automatic temperature controls, building automation systems and other building subsystems.
- Demonstrated experience in the integration of low voltage building sub-systems using various industry protocols (i.e. LON, BacNet, N2, Modbus, etc).
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills required, and computer -related drafting tools.
- Must have experience with Johnson Controls current and legacy control products and systems
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.