Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
AR/VR brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook’s mission of connecting the world. The Reality Labs Technology Engineering team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs in core technology and delivering them to market at scale. The Technology Engineering Camera Team seeks an Imaging Engineer who has experience in leading imaging technology & algorithm development and evaluation in consumer electronics.
- Develop and maintain novel photographic imaging algorithms.
- Develop and maintain imaging sensing system calibrations & test methods.
- Create proof-of-concept experience demos using latest imaging and DL/CV technologies.
- Imaging system performance (MTF, SNR, etc.) modeling and analysis.
- Heavy involvement in the initial product realization and bring-up.
- Advanced degree in Imaging Science, Optics, Image Processing, Computer Vision, Machine learning, or a related field.
- 3+ years experience (inclusive of graduate school research experience) in imaging or DL/CV algorithms development.
- Knowledge of digital imaging system working principles and best practices with understanding of image quality fundamentals and their system drivers.
- Knowledge of image processing and deep learning methodology and metrics.
- Experience programming in at least one of the following languages: Python, Matlab, C++/C#.
- Experience in rapid prototyping, validation, and debugging of early proof-of-concept work with cross-functional teams.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]