- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in product marketing/management in enterprise technology/cloud, and 5 years of telco-related experience.
- Experience creating sales or marketing collateral.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time.
- MBA or other advanced degree.
- 8 years of B2B enterprise marketing experience and experience marketing to telco providers.
- 2 years of experience in public cloud infrastructure and marketing/sales.
- On-premises or cloud networking technology experience (VPC, VPN, routing, load balancing, CDN, etc.)
- Demonstrated analytical skills, strategic thinking, and excellent verbal, and written, communication skills; including sensitivity to cross-cultural, cross-audience communications
About the job
Google is developing groundbreaking cloud solutions for companies, leveraging years of experience in building secure, reliable, and scalable cloud technology. With excellent Google differentiation in data analytics and machine learning, security, application development and collaboration software, we’re well on our way – but we need more people who can help us write and tell that story. If you’re as excited about building what’s next as we are, Google Cloud is the place for you.
In this role, you’ll partner with Google Cloud marketers to drive the success of the telecommunications (telco) industry marketing program. You’ll coordinate with a diverse, cross-functional team to build marketing plans to realize goals. As an expert, you’ll be working with a team on telco related marketing activities including customer case studies, sales presentations, datasheets, websites, and events. You are the authority on “how we win”, position our products, and driving the deliverables that are essential to success of the telco business.
The role is ideal for those who lives in the intersection of Cloud Computing, Telco and Marketing, with emphasis on utilizing Google Cloud products to help clients succeed in an evolving landscape. You need to understand how the industry is changing, how Cloud can help companies succeed, by going deep enough on a technical level to impress CXOs but in a simple manner that translates technical advantages into business outcomes. You will be a trusted advisor, and help identify value out of our platform as seamlessly as possible. You are also a strong ally to our Sales team, using both tech and business expertise to help generate and win deals.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google’s products solve the world’s problems-from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can-changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Create compelling demos that highlight the benefits of Google Cloud’s telco solutions
- Measure and report the impact of telco industry marketing activities
- Build compelling, customer-focused product, solutions, and customer evidence content that excites, inspires, scales globally, and compels customer adoption
- Partner with Product Management, Developer Relations, Sales, Growth Marketing, Field Marketing, and Campaigns to drive awareness, adoption, and customer happiness
- Educate external customers on the value of Google Cloud’s telco solutions and internal customers on the best ways to present this value in their materials, campaigns, and activities
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.