At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What is the role?
The Information Risk Management internship is designed to give students an opportunity to apply concepts, protocols and tools acquired through course work in the real world by working side-by-side with our information risk professionals. The internship will focus on areas such as metrics reporting, information security policy and governance practices, risk assessment and assurance processes, and cybersecurity regulation impacts. Interns may be involved in the day to day support as needed including:
- Performance of Risk Assessments and Risk Assurance tasks
- Review processes for improvement opportunities
- Gathering, reporting and delivery of metrics
- Various small projects and process assistance as needed
Qualified candidates would possess:
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical, problem-solving skills, time management, and customer service skills, including ability to be assertive and diplomatic.
- Basic knowledge and experience with any of the following: Information Risk Management, Cybersecurity, Risk Assessment methodologies, Process/Workflow creation, technical writing
- Previous work or classroom experience in one of the following: business management, business communications, organizational behavior, information systems, or data analytics.
- Self-starter with the aptitude for learning on the fly and interest in the application of basic and advanced information security practices.
- Knowledge of SharePoint administration a plus.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
Active student pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Management, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Communications, Library Sciences or a related degree. A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher with a minimum of 9-12 credits in advanced Business Management or Management Information Systems-related courses.
Build a strong career foundation with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.