Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska (BCBSNE) is more than just an insurance company; we exist to be there for people in the best and hardest moments of their lives.
Our team is the power behind that promise. And there’s no greater time for forward-thinking professionals like you to join us in delivering on it.
Our Information Services teams work with new technologies to design and implement highly scalable, complex integrations that improve usability and maximize performance. We are focused on collaborating with our internal and external customers – serving as trusted partners who deliver high-quality, effective solutions.
As a member of Team Blue, you’ll find purpose, opportunities and the support you need to build a meaningful career and make a powerful impact in our community.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of NE is looking for enthusiastic students with ambition and a passion for technology. This is a great opportunity for students to get hands-on experience in software development and Agile best practices in a fun and rewarding environment.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to gather requirements, assess results and test solutions
- Design, model and prototype
- Develop, enhance, trouble shoot and maintain new and existing software applications
- Participate in proof of concepts and other innovation sessions
- Participate in sprint planning, demos and all Agile ceremonies
To be considered for this position you must have:
- Be enrolled full time in college pursuing a degree in information systems, computer science, engineering, mathematics, statistics, or business
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Desire for growth and advancement in software, hardware and or communications technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity and willingness to learn
- A positive attitude and desire to have fun at work
- The ability to meet or exceed the attendance and timeliness requirements of their departments
- The ability to work well in a team environment, and be capable of building and maintaining positive relationships with other staff, departments, and customers
Learn more about what makes BCBSNE such an exceptional place to work by visiting NebraskaBlue.com/Careers.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our customers and members.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans