- Must be a Certified Athletic Trainer, by the Board of Certification (BOC)
- Must have a valid card evidencing successful completion of a CPR course at the Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider level (American Heart Association) or Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross)
- Will be required to maintain all first aid credentials
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and digital recordkeeping
At Amazon, we have a unique culture built on pioneering into unknown and new frontiers. From selling books to creating the Kindle, from making films to launching faster delivery, Amazon reinvents normal. After selling the first book in 1995, we have grown at an incredible rate and now have become the universe’s most customer centric company. By hiring those that take risks and find fulfillment through making the impossible commonplace, Amazon cultivates innovation. Every employee at Amazon has the power to forge their own path and to have a true impact on the business, and we find that exhilarating.
Read more about us at amazon.com/about
When we hire you at Amazon, we hire for the future. You would be joining a team of 1500+ safety professionals. With unlimited career opportunities, Amazon invests in ensuring our teams are always challenged, constantly learning from each other, and creatively contributing to our next big idea.
Amazon is looking for health and safety professionals with a background in Athletic Training (ATC) to support Amazon’s injury prevention program. In this position, you will be a part of the onsite Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) Team and will lead both injury prevention and proactive activities. This position will work in an Amazon Fulfillment Center and report directly to the Site WHS Manager.
The Injury Prevention Specialist (IPS) will be expected to proactively analyze tasks for potential ergonomic risk factors, perform biomechanical assessments and lead injury prevention activities. The IPS will champion proactive safety, job coaching, ergonomic training, and one-on-one engagements with Associates. The goal of the IPS is to improve technique prior to the onset of soreness or injury.
- Minimize the risk of ergonomic injury to employees through awareness, education and early intervention
- Dive deep and learn each job function within the FC and understand the body ergonomic and physical demands of each task.
- Be actively involved with improvements to the standard work process, evaluating potential poor ergonomic conditions through change management processes
- Evaluate trends and provide analysis of all soft tissues injuries and develop actions plans to mitigate risk
- Frequent engagements with both associates and operational leaders
- Support site leadership in implementation and management of Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) and Job Rotation policies.
- Partner with onsite medical team to implement treatment plans for first aid cases based on injury type
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Success as an IPS will require a positive, outgoing, energetic work style
- Ability to communicate programs and initiatives at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work within a diverse team
- Ability to manage daily standard work and long term projects with minimal oversight
- Experience in an occupational or industrial setting
- Experience with an industrial wellness program
- Experience working with a cross functional team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.