The non-attorney salesperson is informed and respectful of bar rules of ethics and professionalism with special emphasis on the definition of providing legal services. You see sales as a service we perform for our prospective new clients, not as something to be done “to” them. You ensure that the pre-conditioning packages and systems meant to help a prospective new client get prepared for their meeting are in fact received by the prospective new clients (PNC’s) they are scheduled to meet within the coming days and weeks. The non-attorney salesperson meets by telephone and in person, with PNC’s who are assigned to his or her calendar by their sales manager to help the PNC find clarity about their situation, educate them about their options and help them make the best decision for their future and for the firm to achieve its goals. This position keeps detailed notes in a central database documenting all contacts with the PNC both before, during, and after the meeting including all follow-up attempts.
This position facilitates a professional introduction(“hand-off”) to the legal team once an engagement is signed and then opens the file, manages the welcome process, and conducts quality control checks at predetermined milestones during the first 30 days and in some cases, during the pendency of the matter. The successful candidate should have prior experience selling high ticket tangible products and professional or financial services utilizing a consultative selling methodology. The successful candidate should have some real-life” experience which they can use to empathize with PNC’s who often come to our firm with challenging and sometimes deeply personal situations. The successful candidate embraces metrics, scorekeeping, transparency, and accountability. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are an absolute must both in person, by phone, and via email. You should be a lifelong learner with a proven track record of self-improvement to keep your sales skills sharp.
$50,000 – $75,000 yearly
- Manage own schedule to balance availability for meeting with prospective new clients as well as following-up with PNC’s who said “no” and with current clients to conduct quality control calls and interviews.
- Keep detailed notes in a centralized database.
- Be a team player and cover for your fellow salespeople to help our firm help our prospective new clients find clarity around and relief from the situation that brought them to the firm in the first place.
- Follow-up with PNC’s who said “no”.
- Follow-up with current clients at set milestones during their case or matter.
- Facilitate a professional introduction and transition to the legal team once the case or matter has begun.
- Actively engage in dialogue with management regarding the quality and volume of the leads, offering constructive feedback and suggestions for improvement based on your “front lines” experience.
- Utilize a consultative selling approach when conducting sales calls to illustrate the value and benefits of our services
- Update CRM system with details of all interactions with prospects and clients in a timely manner
- Stay current with bar rules, legal industry trends, and information.
- A strong interest in consultative solutions selling.
- Proven track record utilizing a consultative sales approach.
- A proven track record with telephone sales.
- Demonstrated, proven success in lead generation, prospecting, contract negotiation, and closing customers.
- Experience with Salesforce/HubSpot/Infusionsoft, particularly reporting, required.
- Independent, self-starter who thrives on immersion in a rapidly changing environment and excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Proactive, can-do attitude, with great follow-through and resourcefulness along with attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to be personable yet persistent.
- Knowledge of the legal industry is an asset.
- Real-life experience and a few “battle scars” to give you empathy and understanding is an asset.
- Experience overcoming a major obstacle in life and making an important change in your life so you know at your core that others can do it too is a plus
We are a family law firm focused on child custody and divorce matters in the Capital Region. We have been growing consistently over the last five years and are looking for a new associate. We maintain a small firm feel in the office and carefully guard our culture. If you are a problem solver and a team player our office should be right up your alley!