Job Title: Instructional Design Specialist, Professional Services Consulting
Job Code: Level 3
Job Location: Herndon, VA; Broomfield, CO (remote work possible)
L3Harris Technologies is seeking an Instructional Design Specialist who will be responsible for designing and developing solutions for eLearning projects within Harris Geospatial Solutions. eLearning curriculum will be technical in nature, mainly phenomenology of remotely sensed data, including spectral data. The candidate should have experience with eLearning Software, Learning Management Systems (LMS), video generation, and 2D multimedia creation.
- Design and produce engaging and accessible online learning experiences in accordance with industry-standard instructional design and content development process, models, and frameworks
- Produce interactive eLearning content with course authoring tools such as Articulate 360, Adobe Captivate, Camtasia.
- Create “How-To” videos utilizing ENVI imagery exploitation software.
- Generate other topic-based multimedia videos, technical in nature
- Collaborate with Project Manager and SMEs on content to integrate into training modules and videos.
- Work within curriculum development timelines, deliver projects as planned.
- Respond to project needs and make suggestions for improvements
- Manage course modules within our LMS.
- Initiate and lead communications with stakeholders and SMEs to plan and make recommendations to achieve business and client goals through current and future training.
- Stay current with emerging trends and practices for the design, development, delivery and evaluation of learning content and activities.
- Support Commercial and Government programs with training needs as requested.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong oral and written communication, including technical writing.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- 3 or more years of experience exploiting remotely sensed data, including spectral
- Experience with ENVI imagery exploitation software
- Experience working with Defense & Intelligence community
- TS/SCI Preferred
- Requires proficient knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.