What Your Job Will Be Like
We are seeking a Year Round – Technical Undergraduate Intern to join our dynamic team.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Assist staff developers specializing in an array of technology stacks
- Work on teams that directly supports application development
- Perform updates to applications, provide customer support, and conduct analysis/reporting of analytics
- Participate in team environments via structured development lifecycles
- Assisting with testing, creating reports and/or visualizations (SSRS, Tableau, PowerBi, Oracle, SQL Server, SharePoint, etc.).
Qualifications We Require
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Currently attending and enrolled full time in an accredited undergraduate program
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Ability to work up to 25 hours per week during the academic year, and up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- U.S. citizenship
Qualifications We Desire
- Pursuing a Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, or other applicable discipline
- Must have completed a minimum of 2 years of a 4-year program in undergraduate work that includes fundamentals of computer programming
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with good work ethic
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE clearance
About Our Team
We are Sandia’s go-to team for delivering contemporary, innovative, and awesome Enterprise Business Intelligence information solutions that meet our customers’ and users’ needs and expectations, and we have fun doing it. We cultivate, expand, and enrich Sandia’s information space by providing a high-quality, cost-effective, uniform Enterprise Business Intelligence presence to the corporation, and we help teams across Sandia use data efficiently and effectively to power the enterprise. Our team includes professional web designers, software engineers, solutions architects, computer scientists, business systems analysts, information management professionals, and project managers.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
- These benefits vary by job classification.
This position does not currently require a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance.
Sandia will conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Furthermore, employees in New Mexico need to pass a U.S. Air Force background screen for access to Kirtland Air Force Base. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause access to be denied or terminated, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
If hired without a clearance and it subsequently becomes necessary to obtain and maintain one for the position, or you bid on positions that require a clearance, a pre-processing background review may be conducted prior to a required federal background investigation. Applicants for a DOE security clearance need to be U.S. citizens. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Members of the workforce (MOWs) hired at Sandia who require uncleared access for greater than 179 days during their employment, are required to go through the Uncleared Personal Identity Verification (UPIV) process. Access includes physical and/or cyber (logical) access, as well as remote access to any NNSA information technology (IT) systems. UPIV requirements are not applicable to individuals who require a DOE personnel security clearance for the performance of their SNL employment or to foreign nationals. The UPIV process will include the completion of a USAccess Enrollment, SF-85 (Questionnaire for Non-Sensitive Positions) and OF-306 (Declaration of for Federal Employment). An unfavorable UPIV determination will result in immediate retrieval of the SNL issued badge, removal of cyber (logical) access and/or removal from SNL subcontract. All MOWs may appeal the unfavorable UPIV determination to DOE/NNSA immediately. If the appeal is unsuccessful, the MOW may try to go through the UPIV process one year after the decision date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.