This position requires work in support of the Company’s contract with the United States Department of Education (“ED”). As such, the United States Government requires that any applicant for this position must complete United States Government security clearance. Effective June 1, 2018, ED has informed Nelnet that security clearance applications for foreign nationals are not being accepted or processed. In light of this direction from ED, Nelnet will be unable to hire applicants without United States citizenship for such positions.
Nelnet is looking for a motivated User Experience Research Intern to be a part of our dynamic design studio team. This temporary position supports the growth and experience of students pursuing a career in User Experience. Interns will gain practical, hands-on experience in various research methodologies, including on surveys, personas, journey mapping, interviewing, usability testing, and other research methods. As a UX intern, you’ll immerse yourself in our close-knit team of researchers and designers to solve design challenges through data and analysis. You’ll work directly with stakeholders who oversee Nelnet’s diverse range of internal and external products and services.
- Prepare and analyze user research surveys.
- Create personas and customer journeys.
- Participate in usability studies and interviews.
- Take detailed notes during meetings and interview sessions.
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data.
- Prepare and present detailed research reports.
- Support the workload of the user experience team.
- Attend team meetings and design sessions.
- Attend intern professional, personal, and social development events
- Pursuing a degree in user experience design, human-computer interaction, information science, or a related field (psychology, sociology, cognitive science, computer science, etc)
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s program from an accredited university.
- Experience working as a UX researcher on collaborative projects (research for class projects is acceptable).
- Experience working with designers and software developers (class projects are acceptable).
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of UX research methods and tools.
- Outgoing and comfortable interviewing clients and stakeholders.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Extremely organized and capable of juggling multiple projects at the same time.
- Desire to dig into complex problems and help solve those problems for our users
- Experience with research tools such as Optimal Workshop, Survey Monkey or Userlytics
- Experience with wireframing tools such as Adobe XD and Sketch
EEO Statement: Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Talent Acquisition & Recruiting. Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.